Class of 2016 - Desperately Seeking Good News... | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Desperately Seeking Good News...

Symphony Steve

All American
OK, recruiting gurus...who, if anybody, do you hope/expect to commit during this weekend's festivities?

It's been dry for some time now. Please tell me better times are coming. Please?

Last edited:
My wild guess: 50/50 chance we get a commit from Tyler Thompson this weekend.

Just a good feeling. We're his #1, he's an excellent looking RB...I'm feeling it.

jekelish said:
My wild guess: 50/50 chance we get a commit from Tyler Thompson this weekend. Just a good feeling. We're his #1, he's an excellent looking RB...I'm feeling it.

Agree. I would put the overall chance of a commitment from someone at 70%. Just gut feel.

Regardless of getting one, we all know 4/25 is the date we need to get a commitment.

That said getting the ball rolling this weekend would be huge.

Tyler Thompson would be a great start.

Tyler Thompson isn't at the same level as Robert Washington, but do we want to take on a RB verbal before Mr. Washington decides?

Tyler Thompson isn't at the same level as Robert Washington, but do we want to take on a RB verbal before Mr. Washington decides?

I asked that question before and some people assured me it wouldn't be an issue.

My question was directed more in regards to Mo Neal a big time friend of Washingtons who has high interest in us and aLos wants to play with Robert.

Thompson and RW would be see as traditional backs, while Neal would be more in the Erv role being able to play all over the field as a utility guy that will get the ball inhis hands a number of ways

Spill the deets CL

Now to be honest didn't that make you all look at that list of kids who are coming and wonder who might commit if offered or which of the kids with an offer might pull the trigger. Fun stuff to contemplate. Besides I just have a feeling.

And then there is Patrick Kearns who has been offered and is coming from GA.

Don't sleep on Thompson, the kid is a stud. He may not be a 4star top 300 kid, but he was injured last year, limiting his exposure. imo the kid isn't that far off Washington's talent level, so if he wants to commit you absolutely take him. We're going to be taking at least 2 RB's anyways so take them when you get them since nothing is guaranteed.

With that said I don't think he commits yet. He knows he is going to have some more offers, and may want to wait to see how that plays out. I do have faith that Acosta will get him when the time comes.

Thompson is being recruited as an H-Back. He and Washington would complement each other.

Hasn't been talked about in a while, but looking at current needs and offers points to a pretty balanced class by position compared to the last two cycles. Does anyone see a position group where we're likely to be heavy this year? I see a few WR's as a must along with some depth at S, CB, and DL. But really every position group I only see one or two spots in this class at each. Any thoughts?

My wild guess: 50/50 chance we get a commit from Tyler Thompson this weekend.

Just a good feeling. We're his #1, he's an excellent looking RB...I'm feeling it.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 28s28 seconds ago
2016 New Jersey RB Tyler Thompson won't be able to visit for the spring game today, he said. Wasn't able to get a ride.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 28s28 seconds ago
2016 New Jersey RB Tyler Thompson won't be able to visit for the spring game today, he said. Wasn't able to get a ride.
Yep, just saw that. Dubois and Coleman, two other outside shot commits, were unable to make it too.

Okay, well then my next prediction since Thompson isn't there: Demetrius Breedlove commits this weekend.

Acosta just tweeted "boom"...is this a new boom, or still about DeGeorge?

i'm guessing delayed reaction
That's my assumption as well...but there's a long enough time between this one and Dial/White that I figured it miiiiight be a new commit.

Huber or Gray or Breedlove, for example.

That's my assumption as well...but there's a long enough time between this one and Dial/White that I figured it miiiiight be a new commit.

Huber or Gray or Breedlove, for example.
If Acosta tweeted "boom"...then maybe one of the Joisey Boys committed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom