Destination job | Syracusefan.com

Destination job

Couple quick points.

I know people are worried about how he hasn't spent that long at a job but those were all in stepping stone conferences. He is in the ACC now, once you get a program rolling in the ACC and able to compete there are not that many more attractive jobs you can take. I know we got burned by Marrone but he was an NFL guy, Babers does not seem like an NFL guy to me and it will be up to the administration to make sure when we get this thing rolling we open up that check book even more and pay the man, that's how you keep a coach.

Another thing is he mentioned his mentor was Art Briles, Briles has stayed committed to a program that was tougher to recruit to, had poor facilities, and absolutely no tradition when he took over. Now Baylor is getting stud recruits, has a new stadium, and has tradition. Winning can make a coach stay. Right now we have the tradition, the facilities along with a dome renovation coming, and with his offensive scheme the recruits could come. If the winning comes I could see Dino here for a while, which is something I did not feel comfortable saying about Frost, Riley, Ash, or any of the young coordinators some people wanted.

I think he is here for the long haul. Besides in a couple of years we are going to be the greatest show on turf!

I liked the moment where he said this wasn't a destination job & then corrected himself by saying he was a bit nervous. I think at 54 he is here to stay if he wins.

Coachspeak always need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Stop hanging on words. They're trumped by actions all the time!

I liked the moment where he said this wasn't a destination job & then corrected himself by saying he was a bit nervous. I think at 54 he is here to stay if he wins.
I liked that as well. He is a genuine person, I am impressed how calm he is as well-must be awesome having that presence on the sideline during a game. Exudes leadership.

Art Briles told him the only jobs he ever took are ones that nobody else wanted.

Not what I meant. More was saying that his mentor likely had a hand in Babers having an open mind about where to go if he believed in himself.
I like that mentality. Baylor was a joke before Briles. I hope Dino has the same affect on Syracuse's football program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom