Devendorf- what the heck? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Devendorf- what the heck?

Imagine a Syracuse fan caring enough to pay someone like Rudy Gay $20 to talk about Syracuse for 4 seconds? Especially for something you paid them to say?

It’s hilarious how much they care. They cling onto that Olander line so hard, even Devo was trying not to laugh when he said it. Deep down, they know they’re just our little brother at best.

It’s hilarious how much they care. They cling onto that Olander line so hard, even Devo was trying not to laugh when he said it. Deep down, they know they’re just our little brother at best.
Cameo is cool ... a birthday shoutout to someone you care about, etc. or ... you can think “let me spend my money to impress the boneyard for 2 days about a “team we don’t care about””. But I guess we can admit, who else would they care about (or care about them) Providence? Rutgers? Georgetown? Cincinnati? Seems to me we’ve focused a lot on Duke, UVA, ND, UNC, Louisville. Once the Big East died, so did any rivalry they had. They need this so much they’ll literally pay for it from their fan base as their athletic department goes bankrupt

Cameo is cool ... a birthday shoutout to someone you care about, etc. or ... you can think “let me spend my money to impress the boneyard for 2 days about a “team we don’t care about””. But I guess we can admit, who else would they care about (or care about them) Providence? Rutgers? Georgetown? Cincinnati? Seems to me we’ve focused a lot on Duke, UVA, ND, UNC, Louisville. Once the Big East died, so did any rivalry they had. They need this so much they’ll literally pay for it from their fan base as their athletic department goes bankrupt

BE5F7952-FB6C-46F5-9B75-8320E5EC25B7.gif

When all is said and done and the Rapture comes, Syracuse will still be better than UCONN, by every metric and possible quality

When all is said and done and the Rapture comes, Syracuse will still be better than UCONN, by every metric and possible quality
I hope we can win a few more titles before then. Because I’d love that. I hate them so much.

I hope we can win a few more titles before then. Because I’d love that. I hate them so much.

There are several titles on our horizon, friend

I'm sure the dept going bankrupt includes a bonus for edsall in there somewhere.

Love the optimism tho...
View attachment 182922

I mean we could roll with there are more 18-14s in our future too if that sounds more reasonable. Personally I think there is one in there... And why not us to make that 2 or 3? We have paid our dues as a top program with some bad luck contrary to the Huskies and their gift runs.

I mean we could roll with there are more 18-14s in our future too if that sounds more reasonable. Personally I think there is one in there... And why not us to make that 2 or 3? We have paid our dues as a top program with some bad luck contrary to the Huskies and their gift runs.
Yeah let us not get lost in the weeds here.

How the sport chooses its champion is unique. The best team doesn’t always win. Going from middle-of-the-road ACC to several titles requires not only talent, but a ridiculous amount of luck. Predicting such a thing is absurd.

But hey, I love the optimism. “We” are certainly better set up today than we have been recently. I’ll take it.

Yeah let us not get lost in the weeds here.

How the sport chooses its champion is unique. The best team doesn’t always win. Going from middle-of-the-road ACC to several titles requires not only talent, but a ridiculous amount of luck. Predicting such a thing is absurd.

But hey, I love the optimism. “We” are certainly better set up today than we have been recently. I’ll take it.

We just need that talent to match the luck for us. We should have cashed in more than once between 86 and 96 and then the same between 09 and 14 but the harsh road to winning it all and the madness that comes with said no. Maybe those factors that end up roasting us flip around ? I'm banking on a change of luck given how many times we missed the boat with great teams? Prediction? Nah- no way but the right set of circumstances and being due for some better fortunes? Yeah.

It is only justice that we should receive more title blessings. Wrinkle sees no less than 25 wins a season for the next five years

Wrinkle of the Five Winds predicts 2023 championship and 2025

Throw in the 2022 one as Buddy goes out with a big ole screw you to the haters, and I’m right there with ya.

We just need that talent to match the luck for us. We should have cashed in more than once between 86 and 96 and then the same between 09 and 14 but the harsh road to winning it all and the madness that comes with said no. Maybe those factors that end up roasting us flip around ? I'm banking on a change of luck given how many times we missed the boat with great teams? Prediction? Nah- no way but the right set of circumstances and being due for some better fortunes? Yeah.

Agreed. The guards we will have going forward should allow us to rely a lot less on the amount of luck usually needed. Somewhat similar to how UCon made their runs with Kemba, Shabazz, and Boatright, but with likely more talented depth. It’s difficult to stop dreaming of a senior JG alongside Dior, and the other ridiculous possibilities in that backcourt. We just need a wing scorer, and prototypical Cuse forward to step up for JB to lean on. JG moving off the ball would take care of a good chunk of the scoring needs too though.

And fortunately, we have a plethora of candidates for the foreseeable future in those roles. AG, then Benny, along with guys like Woody, and Kadary that hopefully develop. If Jarace joins the fun, then it may not even be fair. You know what they say about luck. It’s corny as can be, but may be spot on for our future situation. I guess I have to type it out...luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. The staff is certainly putting in the preparation needed to make this a reality.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom