Devito activated | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Devito activated

I can’t help but smile watching this kid right now. Man he drove me crazy here. Such a love/hate (sports hate not real hate) relationship. But man to anyone who followed his story we all know this kid put his entire life into the game. The feeling he and family must have had yesterday is one that only few can understand in the history of sports. I’ll tell ya what this kid isn’t leaving the NFL anytime soon, he is playing his way into a contract of sorts soon. So happy for him!

He would've been out after having a winning record in year 3?
If they don't win that game, I don't think that year would have been successful and they would have had a losing record.

I think his father was right all along about Dino.
Lol!!! That may be a "slight" over reaction.. Given a different situation here, could it have have gone better? Sure. Tommy earned his way to the practice squad, because every last one of us knows he can throw a beautiful ball. Thats job #1 in the NFL, but you still need some pieces.

Its a great freaking story. 3rd highest QBR for the day. Tommy can sling it, and the Giants schemed some guys wide open. Apologies for the text on this, but its a great highlight reel.

He throws a nice downfield ball and his guys dropped a few. Happy for him (or anyone) to have that thrill of winning an NFL game coming from the practice squad.

He also took nine sacks from an backup NFL line and the WAS team turned it over six times. Normally an NFL team doesn't give you the ball back six times.

This is a huge story (and there are a lot of them like this) for kids who had a coach or coaches who didn’t believe in them, or chose others players over them for reasons outside of who was better. F those coaches and keep working hard.

He throws a nice downfield ball and his guys dropped a few. Happy for him (or anyone) to have that thrill of winning an NFL game coming from the practice squad.

He also took nine sacks from an backup NFL line and the WAS team turned it over six times. Normally an NFL team doesn't give you the ball back six times.

When I read the title of this thread, it makes me laugh. I figured, "cool", Tommy is going to get a game check. Now, its like someone entered the Nuclear Launch codes, and everything went BOOM.

New Jersey embracing one of their own. Tommy, and everyone else having fun with it. Who on Earth thought Tommy Devito would set the All Time Giants Rookie TD record for his 1st 2 starts? Or even start, and post a 137.7 QBR? Its possible that yesterday may be the Pinnacle of his professional career. At this point? I'm not going to be surprised if he does more.

Tommy Devito, has indeed, been activated.
boom-bomb.gif

Per Mike Florio:

Tommy Devito posted the highest UDFA rookie QBR of ALL TIME...

Has the Giants record, better than Phil Simms, Eli, etc... AND an NFL record!

And then there is this:
Insanity. SO happy for him!

The way he was throwing the ball is what I thought we would see.

Per Mike Florio:

And then there is this:

Apparently taking sacks doesn’t negatively impact QBR.

Which means QBR is kinda a crap metric.

Per Mike Florio:

And then there is this:

FLUCK DINO

Apparently taking sacks doesn’t negatively impact QBR.

Which means QBR is kinda a crap metric.

Why would qbr use sacks? It’s a passing rating. And sacks can be caused by anyone. Tommy was responsible for a couple but the OL and Barkley were responsible for many.