Devito activated | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Devito activated

IMG_4360.png

Well done by Devito! I fully enjoyed watching it.

I honestly would have never believed it if you told me this would be happening back when I was stuck watching him run out of bounds for a loss of yards instead of throwing the ball away on multiple different occasions. He did look great when he first came in though.

Happy that he was able to get things straight and experience this. It's really fun to watch and I'm rooting for him.

He had that at Syracuse, It’s the mental part where he seems to have improved to me

The mental part of the game is where coaches can really help players develop. Him succeeding so spectacularly after leaving Syracuse is really an indictment of the old, fortunately gone, coaching staff.

The final drive tonight was spectacular - the way he’s played, there will be a roster spot somewhere for him for years in the NFL. He’s certainly proved he belongs.

It’s clear the Oline Cuse had at the time might have been one of the worst in cfb P5 football in a very long time. He can play… at an NFL level…

The stuff about him living at home and his mom making dinner and his bed are great stories which paint a picture of a kid. But he’s also dealt with more adversity than a lot of the guys in the Giants locker room. While it doesn’t always work out this way, the combination seems to have resulted in a down to earth, poised NFL QB. So it’s not surprising he’s won over the Giants locker room.

And stronger, and smarter than his time here. Negotiate the minefields to figure out where to run, and then being strong enough to do it, and withstand the hits. It’s almost miraculous
This is spot on. Dabol said in the postgame presser that pocket presence and awareness is something they’ve worked on heavily. It’s a big part of what he lacked here, although to be fair he took a beating and spent so much time running for his life that it had to have a cumulative impact.

Great game manager and looked super sharp in the NYG color rush. The whole Jersey Italian thing is a blast too, what an awesome story. My Dad who was a huge NYG fan would have loved Tommy D.

I hate the Giants and don’t even really watch the NFL anymore, and I’m watching and cheering for him. What could have been? One of my biggest complaints about Babers‘ coaching ability is why did he recruit a pocket passer when he knew he wasn’t good at developing an O line. Never made sense.