Devito activated | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Devito activated

I'm rooting for Tommy but I have a feeling Taylor will be the 2nd half QB this weekend.
I knew somebody called it, nice job.

Unless the Giants were winning and he was the reason why, I could see the pull coming too. Giants are playing for the W, it was the smart move.

I’d be ok with Daboll going back to Tommy on Sunday too…and if not, so be it.

But also if he doesn’t start and say the Rams are up big at the half, then it’s Cutlets time!!!

We got a no peasants thread for this kinda talk over on the OT forum.
The OT board is like sauce from a jar and Kraft parmesan: to be avoided at all costs.

Maybe a struggle meal means struggle to keep from heaving it all up after I’ve eaten it?

La Capital Tacos on 4th Street in Troy. (Not affiliated with the Capital Tacos chain). A counter a kitchen a couple of tables and some igloos in the parking lot out back. Highly recommended. Adding evo, fresh basil and some oregano to jarred sauce makes a decent pizza sauce. Or as a base with sauted mushrooms, sundried tomatoes and fresh basil for a quick pan sauce.

I’ve had their tacos at Galleria 7 in Latham. They were good but I wasn’t overly impressed. Curious if their place in Troy is better. Troy is quite a bit further drive for me so I don’t get to Troy often, unfortunately.

And yet won three games and was player of the week.

so the set that had no business being a starting nfl qb is a null set.

that’s logic
We should be long past that, but posters who posted negative things about Tommy, like him not being good enough to start at Cortland, apparently STILL feel the need to make their posts feel validated.

Tommy is making a 2024 roster

It's Over, Johnny. It's Over - by Jay Caruso
View attachment 235768

It's a Christmas miracle that reality and logic finally kicked in. Dude had no business being a starting NFL QB.
I don’t think you’re paying attention to QB play around the league. It’s been awful this year. After the top 15 healthy guys everyone else is JAG.

I’ve had their tacos at Galleria 7 in Latham. They were good but I wasn’t overly impressed. Curious if their place in Troy is better. Troy is quite a bit further drive for me so I don’t get to Troy often, unfortunately.
Just a hole in the wall really. Maybe the ambiance of the place is what makes it for me. Not a big taco afficianado myself so I don't have a lot to compare it to. Seemed authentic to me though. Italian food on the other hand, I know real old country cooking, passed down for generations from the boot.
Here's a good meatball and sauce recipe I found on Youtube:

Taylor was a significant upgrade at QB when he came into game. Devito had the same issues, always checking down immediately, and running backwards under pressure. it was a fun ride and hope he sticks as a backup longterm.

Just a hole in the wall really. Maybe the ambiance of the place is what makes it for me. Not a big taco afficianado myself so I don't have a lot to compare it to. Seemed authentic to me though. Italian food on the other hand, I know real old country cooking, passed down for generations from the boot.
Here's a good meatball and sauce recipe I found on Youtube:

* Let me clarify, their food wasn’t bad at all. Just didn’t have the depth of flavor some of the best Mexican I’ve had, has. But there’s also almost no solid places in the general area. Good places but no amazing places.

Where’s your 3 go to places for Italian in the area (capital region)? I know defazios, so besides them. You can DM me so we don’t get out in timeout for hijacking the thread (or me specifically lol).

Taylor was a significant upgrade at QB when he came into game. Devito had the same issues, always checking down immediately, and running backwards under pressure. it was a fun ride and hope he sticks as a backup longterm.
Nobody throws the ball directly at someone’s feet better than tyrod.

This was Linsanity at its worst. It only spread b/c the team was so far out of the running that people needed the comic diversion.

Any team looking at a backup QB would probably look at these QBRs and think “we need someone who is going to give us a better than 12-15% shot at competing if called upon.”

No it doesn’t. Two things can be true and not related.
Sure it does. Anytime you start in the NFL idc the circumstances he could have played here with more protection.

Do I think Devito is great? Lol does anybody? But he could have been a more than serviceable qb. Dude was running for his life all the time. The Qbs and lack thereof likely was one of the reasons Babers got canned in the end and a lot of that was they could never play as they were being blasted every game.

Sure it does. Anytime you start in the NFL idc the circumstances he could have played here with more protection.

Do I think Devito is great? Lol does anybody? But he could have been a more than serviceable qb. Dude was running for his life all the time. The Qbs and lack thereof likely was one of the reasons Babers got canned in the end and a lot of that was they could never play as they were being blasted every game.
Nope. He did play here. The O line was better at Illinois and Devito’s stats were similar to his 3rd year at SU in 2019. The Giants O-line is not great and Tommy has been sacked a lot and still been successful for them at times. But he has also played like he did for us. Not claiming the O line was anything more than we already know, but Tommy was part of the Offenive issues as well.

Whether the game plan with DeVito at quarterback was exceedingly cautious, or whether DeVito had chances but refused to throw the ball down the field against the Eagles the Giants never threatened a struggling Philadelphia secondary while the rookie was in the game. His Average Depth of Target (aDot) of 1.3 yards isn’t going to get the job done.

Sunday’s first half made seven consecutive quarters with DeVito at quarterback without the Giants scoring a touchdown.

* Let me clarify, their food wasn’t bad at all. Just didn’t have the depth of flavor some of the best Mexican I’ve had, has. But there’s also almost no solid places in the general area. Good places but no amazing places.

Where’s your 3 go to places for Italian in the area (capital region)? I know defazios, so besides them. You can DM me so we don’t get out in timeout for hijacking the thread (or me specifically lol).
Solevo in Saratoga Springs is my current favorite. Schenectady in the day had some great ones that I remember growing up: Cornell’s, Mother Ferro’s, Luigi’s, Mama Bianchi’s in Little Italy and Petta’s and Ferrari’s in Mt. Pleasant. The Schenectady Blue Jays had their team dinners at Pettas and Ferro’s - probably Tommy Ladorda’s influence.

As an aside Lee Riley managed the Jays during the 50’s. He was the father of Pat Riley all American basketball star at Linton High School and Kentucky, NBA player and eventual HOF basketball coach. Riley was a star on the Linton team that handed Lew Alcindor’s Power Memorial team 1 of only 2 losses they suffered during Alcindor’s high school career. Coincidentally years later Pat coached Lew (Kareem) on the Lakers.

Cornell’s morphed into Armando’s in Rotterdam which is pretty good.

Solevo in Saratoga Springs is my current favorite. Schenectady in the day had some great ones that I remember growing up: Cornell’s, Mother Ferro’s, Luigi’s, Mama Bianchi’s in Little Italy and Petta’s and Ferrari’s in Mt. Pleasant. The Schenectady Blue Jays had their team dinners at Pettas and Ferro’s - probably Tommy Ladorda’s influence.

As an aside Lee Riley managed the Jays during the 50’s. He was the father of Pat Riley all American basketball star at Linton High School and Kentucky, NBA player and eventual HOF basketball coach. Riley was a star on the Linton team that handed Lew Alcindor’s Power Memorial team 1 of only 2 losses they suffered during Alcindor’s high school career. Coincidentally years later Pat coached Lew (Kareem) on the Lakers.

DeRaymond's in Loudonville is still rock solid...

Thanks - Solevo is on my list just haven’t gotten there yet.

I forgot, I went to Nic’s Trattorio in East greenbush in the spring and it was solid. In case you haven’t checked them out yet.

For him I wish he could’ve stuck with the job through years end, but when Taylor did go into the game it was obvious how much more seasoned he was. Moved through the pocket better and has better running abilities albeit Tommy’s not horrible. Both are not the answer obviously long term right now. Either way Tommy did enough to get a contract going forward as a backup and that is called financial security. I know Tommy is a competitor and wants more like he should, but I hope he does realize what he did was big time. He won 3 games in a row for an NFL franchise, how many QBs in the history of football can say that? Now go get you some backup money kid! Good for you

Tyrod is in his 13th year in the league.

Played in 90 games, started 56.

Had a prolific 4 year career at vpi.

Was drafted.

He should not be compared to DeVito.

Tyrod still threw 2 balls in the dirt that would’ve been huge pickups if he just got it there.