Devito on Packer & Durham at 8:15** | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Devito on Packer & Durham at 8:15**

Higgins keeps doing it, too. Don't know why-We have had plenty of kids from NJ over the years.

Right! Do they ask Anthony Brown, or Brandon Wimbush about Bruce and Bon Jovi!? I won't bring up the poor Rutgers guys, nobody wants to ask them anything, but I don't remember Chris Sims getting peppered with Bruce questions, or even Queen Latifah stuff!

Bigger question is do our LI guys get Brian Setzer or Billy Joel questions, or even Public Enemy questions?
That Dwayne Haskins got pounded with Sopranos questions...

Eh. It's fun to make jokes about the various states. Makes me laugh. Have at it regarding all things stupid about Arizona.

Wait what? I’ve lived my whole life and never knew there were Arizona jokes to be told!!!

This didn't help...

1569561718381.png

To me its just lazy journalism. Highlighting tired stereotypes shows me that you did zero preperation and homework for the interview. Sad really.
Yes. Packer and Durham aren't really journalists though. Packer got his BS in Economics from Clemson. Wes Durman went to Elon, which didn't even have a journalism major while he was a student.

Both are from the South.

With the background of these two, there is a lack of knowledge and perspective with a pair like that when the subject matter lies above the Mason-Dixon line.

It probably would have been better to pair Pack with someone from Newhouse, but the conference is dominated by southern schools and the ACC network on air staff is also going to reflect that.

I haven't see Cornette yet. My initial impression of Collingsworth is not good. He seems to know nothing and just clown around all the time. The other hires seem adequate. Hopefully they will grow into their roles over time.

Yes. Packer and Durham aren't really journalists though. Packer got his BS in Economics from Clemson. Wes Durman went to Elon, which didn't even have a journalism major while he was a student.

Both are from the South.

With the background of these two, there is a lack of knowledge and perspective with a pair like that when the subject matter lies above the Mason-Dixon line.

It probably would have been better to pair Pack with someone from Newhouse, but the conference is dominated by southern schools and the ACC network on air staff is also going to reflect that.

I haven't see Cornette yet. My initial impression of Collingsworth is not good. He seems to know nothing and just clown around all the time. The other hires seem adequate. Hopefully they will grow into their roles over time.
Overall Packer and Durham do a good job of spreading around the love to all the schools and yeah it's not high level journalism and more of a two fans of the ACC talking which I find to be refreshing from the normal talking heads and their BS.
Collingsworth is a clown and not good at all. Reich seems drunk or not interested at all. McClain is pretty solid and has some good insight and Manuel is kind of hit or miss with his stuff.
I really like Eric Wood and his insight he offers.

To me its just lazy journalism. Highlighting tired stereotypes shows me that you did zero preperation and homework for the interview. Sad really.

Asking a New Jersey kid his 3 favorite Springsteen songs is highlighting a tired Italian stereotype?

Welcome to 2019.

Asking a New Jersey kid his 3 favorite Springsteen songs is highlighting a tired Italian stereotype?

Welcome to 2019.
Dude im 39 and im tired of jovi and asbury park references constantly when talking about NJ. Im not from that State, but im damn sure there is more to talk about than 2 bands.

Welcome to 2019.
I never said ITALIAN stereotype either...but thanks for putting words in my mouth. Its a tired new jersey thing. Everyone that is awake is aware of it, and its tiresome. Get some new material.

Welcome to 2019.

I’m not from Jersey nor Italian but I know the answer. Born to Run, Thunder Road and The River.

If Kaiser has a TD13 jersey, I’m pretty sure he just burned it:)
What I miss?

I’m guessing he threw shade at the Boss??

He just hasnt been educated yet. Last time the Boss played Giants Stadium it was during HS football season, before that’s he was a pup.

I’m now expecting a full blown stadium E Street Tour in 2021, complete with a 2 week stay at Giants Stadium.

Last edited:
Dude im 39 and im tired of jovi and asbury park references constantly when talking about NJ. Im not from that State, but im damn sure there is more to talk about than 2 bands.

Indeed!
My Chemical Romance, Skid Row, Fountains of Wayne, Southside Johnny, The Four Seasons, Lauryn Hill, Whitney Houston, Paul Simon, Kool and the Gang, Gaslight Anthem, Blues Traveler, Queen Latifah,
...and some guy named Frank Sinatra.

I’m not from Jersey nor Italian but I know the answer. Born to Run, Thunder Road and The River.
Wrong.

It’s Spirit in the Night, Jungleland...and everything else recorded is tied for 3rd.

What I miss?

I’m guessing he threw shade at the Boss??

He just hasnt been educated yet. Last time the Boss played Giants Stadium it was during HS football season, before that’s he was a pup.

I’m not expecting a full blown stadium E Street Tour in 2021, complete with a 2 week stay at Giants Stadium.
Packer asked him to name his favorite 3 Springsteen songs, and he said that's really not his thing. The horror!

Wrong.

It’s Spirit in the Night, Jungleland...and everything else recorded is tied for 3rd.

Jungleland might be 5th after Badlands.

I never said ITALIAN stereotype either...but thanks for putting words in my mouth. Its a tired new jersey thing. Everyone that is awake is aware of it, and its tiresome. Get some new material.

Given the post you quoted when you said it, it would be logical to put 2 and 2 together.

But I learned long ago, 2+2 often equals 4 around here. Until it doesn't. So my bad. Sorry.

There you go bringing Nebraska and Scott Frost into the conversation. Drop it bees, he's overrated!

I’m now expecting a full blown stadium E Street Tour in 2021, complete with a 2 week stay at Giants Stadium.
Stick to your guns! I love it! (BTW "Stick to your guns" is a Bon Jovi song on the album New Jersey. Layers like an onion)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom