Diaco on our offense | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Diaco on our offense

Yeah - he'd call it out and then was like "they are going to have to bring their corners up" - which is exactly what Dino wants. It was one guy playing chess with an expert checker player calling the game. He also, like most meatheads, gave the air that the system was offensive to his sensibilities. Like an old pastor upset at the use of drums in church.
drums, and even a guitar...upset me a little Reverend.

I just like the choir and organ.

but I don't let it bother me.

now Syracuse's uniforms...

The Titans only ran 6 plays and Denzel got them a championship.

Denzel for head coach.
This Babers guy doesn't know what he's doing. He's had 3 games already, why aren't we steamrolling all these teams? I don't know how much longer I can wait.

"As fast as they're going they can't be real elaborate, either," Diaco said. "They can't do a whole bunch — some shift traits and motion — to create confusion. The confusion is the tempo. So there's some vanilla elements to what they're forced and relegated to do, because they're moving fast also. There's not a whole bunch of control the defense has as it relates to tempo and pace of play."

I've never heard the Babers offense described. Any thought on this from those of you who know much more about football than I do.

The vanilla offense that offered only a few shift traits and motion just beat the vaunted defense. Apparently, Diaco and Co. were confused.

The vanilla offense that offered only a few shift traits and motion just beat the vaunted defense. Apparently, Diaco and Co. were confused.
Please don't ever use the word "vaunted" to describe UConn football.

This sounds about right. In this type of offense you can't have the Deleone 175 play dual wristbands and 47 pre snap shifts and motions. I would like to think as the team becomes more comfortable with the offense we can add in a handful of new plays and little intricacies to make 15-20 plays become 25-30.

And then (1) run up the middle; (2) pitch to the short side of the field; (3) tight end throwback; and (4) punt.

this makes a lot of sense to me, babers has said year 2 is when the move starts to happen, for me as a high school basketball coach a year ago we put in the read and react offense, we had some hard pressed moments as the year went on we got better, we are in year 2 of this offense and i can tell you we are faster, smarter, and more efficient. babers doesn't panic, he knows his offense, and it's proven 2 years to implement.

Yup, my hs team had over 1,000, we won 2 games a year.

Even in a more run oriented offense, you don't need more than (1) dive, (2) pitch, (3) trap, (4) counter, (5) option and (6) reverse.

If you can master those plays, and about an equal number of passing plays, that's all you need to win. The rest is just deception, overloads and stuff like that.

It is a very basic game, at its heart. You have to know how to read keys and react, and go through progressions quickly to make your decision on a play.

That's why we don't have a playbook. We're trying to play instinctively, based on what the other side shows us.

We are always counter-punching. Whatever they give us, that's what we'll take. It's a great approach.

Yes, we are only 2-2 right now, but Dungy is 6th in the country in passing yards and Etta-Tawo is first in receiving. And we aren't even playing WELL yet.

And then (1) run up the middle; (2) pitch to the short side of the field; (3) tight end throwback; and (4) punt.
I have never understood the love for attacking the short side.

meatheads thinking they smaaht.

they'll never think we will run a play to the short side!!!
Meatheads be like...
upload_2016-9-26_19-32-42.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom