Diagne | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Diagne

Dave85 said:
If his HS grades are good can't the coaches or someone file for a waiver with the NCAA?

Yes.

orangefan13 said:
If his highschool grades are good then they should be helping him out not hindering him. But the ncaa is trying to pull a hulk hogan on Diagne.

The NCAA isn't hindering him.

Research needed by a good lawyer and SU. There are a few other Senegalese playing NCAA bball and the possibility exists they too took this course and the question begs to be asked what if the NCAA has previously ok'd their transcripts including this course but now have questions only of Daigne, what would be the ramifications for the NCAA if this were true.....>?????

Research needed by a good lawyer and SU. There are a few other Senegalese playing NCAA bball and the possibility exists they too took this course and the question begs to be asked what if the NCAA has previously ok'd their transcripts including this course but now have questions only of Daigne, what would be the ramifications for the NCAA if this were true...>?????
The NCAA seems to be impervious to any sort of "fairness doctrine." They are more in line with Judge Roy Bean. Four categories: hang 'em, hang 'em higher, shoot 'em and then hang 'em and of course ... ma friends.

DoctorBombay said:
This is truly pathetic on the NCAA's part. Would love to get the full story on this thing but even with that said, surely they could come to a decision faster than this?
The NCAA?

pearl31 said:
what took you so long?
what does the NCAA have to do with that article? You guys can read the article, correct?

This recruitment has enough drama to warrant a book and movie deal.

May I suggest a title of Diagne Unchained

That's clever, however, he isn't unchained yet. ;)

DIAGNosEd

On 15 sep. 23rd comes a drama for the ages...
The true story of how the NCAA changed the 015 Syracuse Orange Center by keeping it under construction as time ran out.

Last edited:
200.gif

He never even got here.

Be curious to get the truth of the matter at some point, but it won't change my day either way. Hope he does well at the JUCO and can find a way into Division 1 somewhere.

what does the NCAA have to do with that article? You guys can read the article, correct?

The NCAA took too long to decide if he was eligible. Because they took so long, he had to apply to another college. He could not start the process to get a student visa until he was accepted at a US college. The visa process takes 20-30 days.

So the NCAA sitting on its butt so long cost Diagne precious time to get into the country for the start of classes. Now, this athlete-student is forced to start his college education behind schedule. The NCAA is really looking out for his best interests here.

Brooky03 said:
The NCAA took too long to decide if he was eligible. Because they took so long, he had to apply to another college. He could not start the process to get a student visa until he was accepted at a US college. The visa process takes 20-30 days. So the NCAA sitting on its butt so long cost Diagne precious time to get into the country for the start of classes. Now, this athlete-student is forced to start his college education behind schedule. The NCAA is really looking out for his best interests here.
That's kind of a stretch even for this board. Don't you find it the least bit strange that everyone has clammed up now?

That's kind of a stretch even for this board. Don't you find it the least bit strange that everyone has clammed up now?

What more can they really say?

No, I don't. And nothing I said is a stretch.

Brooky03 said:
No, I don't. And nothing I said is a stretch.

It might not be a stretch but it's incorrect.

How about you share with us what is correct?
The whole premise that the NCAA is at fault for the delayed visa. The article is very clear as to the delay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom