Diagne | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Diagne

1000th reply

200.gif

95% of the information on this board is hearsay, as that term is defined. Hearsay is not admissible in court for a variety of reasons, namely the lack of opportunity to cross examine the person who made the statement being offered, but that does not mean most hearsay is not reliable in everyday life, contrary to popular opinion that it is like a black mark on the validity of the information.

Be careful, that's very racist.

I wonder how much difference Diagne would have made anyway. It seems to me the taller players need an extra year before they get good anyway. Maybe Obokoh will surprise us this year. Who knows maybe a smaller faster zone will be just as effective. Maybe out offense will play better. I just hope we do better than last year. There are some question marks but hopefully our team will do well.

I wonder how much difference Diagne would have made anyway. It seems to me the taller players need an extra year before they get good anyway. Maybe Obokoh will surprise us this year. Who knows maybe a smaller faster zone will be just as effective. Maybe out offense will play better. I just hope we do better than last year. There are some question marks but hopefully our team will do well.
He would've helped tremendously, especially given the Coleman question marks...

imo.
Its tough to say sometimes. Sometimes you get a guy like Keita,Rick Jackson and they come in ready to play.
Other times you get guys like Rak, Dajuan, Fab, Warrick, Roberson and they just aren't ready for the speed physicality of the game yet.

Diagne reminds me of Keitas motor and legspan though able to cover ground well. Not to mention He could have played the four and the five for us. He still can if he gets here by december.

Last edited:
imo.
Its tough to say sometimes. Sometimes you get a guy like Keita,Rick Jackson and they come in ready to play.
Other times you get guys like Rak, Dajuan, Fab, Warrick, Roberson and they just aren't ready for the speed physicality of the game yet.

Diagne reminds me of Keitas motor and legspan though able to cover ground well. Not to mention He could have played the four and the five for us. He still can if he gets here by december.

I think Diagne could have gone either way. Hopefully, as you say, he still shows up so we can find out.

Last edited:
imo.

How does he get here by December?

Yeah I was just trying to flush this out.

BTW tried Barritts Ginger beer. Was not blownaway to start but the more i t went down the better it got. Will have to get the one you recommended.

BTW tried Barritts Ginger beer. Was not blownaway to start but the more i t went down the better it got. Will have to get the one you recommended.
Cool. Barrett's is ok...I actually like Stolis ginger beer probably second. There's another good one at trader joes if u have one...also make sure u use plenty of lime and a dash of bitters too if u have it. Happy drinking bud!

May have already been addressed in this thread, or elsewhere on the board, but I can't seem to find it... if a kid goes juco does he have to stay there the full two years before transferring to a d1 school?

May have already been addressed in this thread, or elsewhere on the board, but I can't seem to find it... if a kid goes juco does he have to stay there the full two years before transferring to a d1 school?
Yep. Sorry should have stated if he's a NQ...

Yep. Sorry should have stated if he's a NQ...
ok, yep, I just did some digging and if he could somehow be ruled a qualifier he'd only have to be there one semester - but yeah if he's an NQ it's the full 2 years

edit: I should add that even if he does somehow get to be a Qualifier the earliest he could possibly get to SU (or any other d1 school) would be next season - mid year xfers from juco are not allowed in d1 hoops

ok, yep, I just did some digging and if he could somehow be ruled a qualifier he'd only have to be there one semester - but yeah if he's an NQ it's the full 2 years

"Some how? Highly doubt it. Let's all move on!

Wishful thinking. Maybe NCAA dragged its feet on Diagne to keep him from coming here this year, because they have a feeling they are going to lose the appeal. And we'll get some scholarships back.

edit: I should add that even if he does somehow get to be a Qualifier the earliest he could possibly get to SU (or any other d1 school) would be next season - mid year xfers from juco are not allowed in d1 hoops

And this is the root of the issue--we're really working off of incomplete information here. Is it really only one class, like the high school coach suggests, or are there other issues?

Because if it is really just one class, then it is POSSIBLE that he could be there in December, after the semester ends. But that would require him to have a high enough qualifying score on the sliding scale. Under this scenario, Diagne would only have to replace one class, so he goes JUCO and takes the one [or more] courses to substitute it in his transcript, and then is free to transfer at any time due to the fact that his ostensibly high enough qualifying score makes him eligibile to do so.

If his qualifying score isn't high enough, or if there are more than one courses that got rejected by the NCAA, then he has no choice but to go JUCO and graduate before he'd be eligible to transfer. It doesn't mean that he'd have to be there two full years--he could go in the summer, for example, or load up in the classroom to get done earlier--but him transferring to a D1 school would require him to graduate from the junior college.

I have my fingers crossed about scenario #1. But it seems puzzling to me that if it was just one course that Diagne's decision makers wouldn't have steered him to a prep school instead of a JUCO.

People are forming definitive opinions in this thread based upon heresay and largely incomplete information. I don't think there is anybody posting on this forum who has the full story, unfortunately.

If his qualifying score isn't high enough, or if there are more than one courses that got rejected by the NCAA, then he has no choice but to go JUCO and graduate before he'd be eligible to transfer. It doesn't mean that he'd have to be there two full years--he could go in the summer, for example, or load up in the classroom to get done earlier--but him transferring to a D1 school would require him to graduate from the junior college.
Not so sure about the bolded part - The wording I read last night seemed to essentially say that a student must be at the juco for at least 3 full semesters, not counting summer, and that mid-season transfers are not allowed. Let me find the official passage and post it...

If his highschool grades are good then they should be helping him out not hindering him. But the ncaa is trying to pull a hulk hogan on Diagne.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom