Dickie V admits: "I am not a broadcaster"... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dickie V admits: "I am not a broadcaster"...

Agreed. Like him or not, he's part of the culture of the College game. For all of you who get so annoyed, do you think anyone takes him seriously? Don't sweat it. Personally, his idiocy amuses me.
That's all true, but I would still prefer someone on a broadcast whom says something interesting.

That's all true, but I would still prefer someone on a broadcast whom says something interesting.

I'd prefer reading a post that was grammatically correct. We can't all have everything. ;-)

Speaking of polarizing CBB broadcasters...does anyone else miss Packer? The NC game just isn't the same; Kellogg does nothing for me.

I do not miss Packer. I'm pretty sure I'm in the majority on that one.
I'm there with you. That guy bothered me. Vitale is a national treasure.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Packer spoke at my father in law's rotary meeting some years back.

As legend has it he came late, complained a lot, cursed in his presentation, didn't take questions and left.

The anti-Vitale.

It begs the question, is there any single person that is/was more important to college basketball in the past 25-30 years than Vitale?

Other than everyone who played for or was associated with the Cuse? No one.

This is my earliest memory of Vitale. Syracuse destroying Indiana in the Garden. Also think it was Billy Owens first game there.

This is my earliest memory of Vitale. Syracuse destroying Indiana in the Garden. Also think it was Billy Owens first game there.

Does anyone have a copy of this game?

I was at this game and can still vividly remember a flat footed dunk from David Johnson in mop up duty. My friend and eye just looked at each like we saw the Loch Ness Monster.

I was at this game and can still vividly remember a flat footed dunk from David Johnson in mop up duty. My friend and eye just looked at each like we saw the Loch Ness Monster.
Ha. I know I must have it on VCR tape. Tucked away in a box, in my moms basement like the Arc of the Covenant in Area 51.

I have it on a VCR tape somewhere.

Well I guess my vcr tape isn't good enuff. What evs. :p

No, same offer applies. You just implied that your version would be harder to locate. Let me know if you're interested.

No, same offer applies. You just implied that your version would be harder to locate. Let me know if you're interested.
I'll be at my moms next weekend. I was going to look for it anyway. I'll let you know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom