Dickie V diagnosed with lymphoma | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Dickie V diagnosed with lymphoma

A great man...throwback...

I'd almost like to see him make a 5 minute tape talking about why he values and loves life.
What is it that he sees and feels and hears that makes his life worth living.
And take that tape to all the junior high and high schools for these young men and women to see.
Maybe, just maybe cut back on drug ODs and other suicide modes.

Awesome. Dick Vitale deserves everything good that cornes his way.

Congrats to him!

Every time I remember him at the Dome when I was a student he always came over and interacted with the student section taking pics having a good laugh and getting the group riled up. It was all just pure joy when he did it as well.

It's funny. Over the years, I grew tired of Vitale and all his catch phrases, and thought he took over the game too much. I clamored for him to retire for a solid decade plus.

And then when he wasn't around, I missed having him call games. So happy he is doing well. He loves college hoops and brings a lot of energy and passion to the games he calls. And with all the good he does outside of basketball, he is an easy person to root for. Excited to have him back!

Hes a very good person. Has done an amazing job raising money and awareness to fight cancer. If others with his reach did a fraction of what Dick does can you imagine how much money could be raised to beat this horrible disease.
Dick is in the HOF of givers. Prime time player!

Life isn’t fair too often.

Get well soon Dick.
It's not for sure, as many on here know cancer took my wife when my girls were 4 and 8. It touches everyone. My youngest Daughter now works as a communications director for the ACS in the Pacific Northwest and there are amazing strides being made every day. Dick is at one of the better spots in the country at Duke so he will continue to receive amazing care. The goal has to be to push therapies that are only available at the top cancer centers down to smaller regional hospitals sooner. Proton Therapy and Immunology need to be available to as many people as possible and of course early detection is the key to most medical successes. Cancer is beyond horrible, hopefully in our lifetime or my girls it becomes a chronic disease something that can be managed if not eradicated.

It's not for sure, as many on here know cancer took my wife when my girls were 4 and 8. It touches everyone. My youngest Daughter now works as a communications director for the ACS in the Pacific Northwest and there are amazing strides being made every day. Dick is at one of the better spots in the country at Duke so he will continue to receive amazing care. The goal has to be to push therapies that are only available at the top cancer centers down to smaller regional hospitals sooner. Proton Therapy and Immunology need to be available to as many people as possible and of course early detection is the key to most medical successes. Cancer is beyond horrible, hopefully in our lifetime or my girls it becomes a chronic disease something that can be managed if not eradicated.
I didn't know and I'm very sorry to hear this. My sister was diagnosed back in 2015 with stage 4 lung cancer when she was pregnant in her early 30s. She has been part of clinical trials at Dana Farber and at University of Florida. The advancements made since she was diagnosed have been amazing and have been keeping her alive. Like you said I hope one day they figure this out, such a non discriminatory and awful disease, I'm so sorry.

I didn't know and I'm very sorry to hear this. My sister was diagnosed back in 2015 with stage 4 lung cancer when she was pregnant in her early 30s. She has been part of clinical trials at Dana Farber and at University of Florida. The advancements made since she was diagnosed have been amazing and have been keeping her alive. Like you said I hope one day they figure this out, such a non discriminatory and awful disease, I'm so sorry.
Thank you. It's been a journey for sure, but the girls are doing really well and thankfully they have their mom's intelligence and spirit. We were fortunate to be able to go to Penn for surgery and the Mayo for post operative care. My wife didn't smoke or drink and died biliary cancer which is a rare and extremely difficult cancer to treat. My experience at the Mayo changed my view on medicine and doctors. Just like any other profession there are the best and the not as good. I encourage anyone that has the ability to not fear leaving their home area in the event they or a loved one is diagnosed with a difficult medical issue.