Did Howard punch one of Jimmy's kids? | Syracusefan.com

Did Howard punch one of Jimmy's kids?

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
What the heck did he do to warrant the dress down he got?

Standing and watching an ND player go by him for a rebound :noidea:

JB was yelling before that occurred, but i saw that. He didn't jump for the rebound. That totally confused me. I understand kids at this level not boxing out - they've been the best leapers on their teams before, but to not jump for the rebound was weird.

JB was yelling before that occurred, but i saw that. He didn't jump for the rebound. That totally confused me. I understand kids at this level not boxing out - they've been the best leapers on their teams before, but to not jump for the rebound was weird.
well, earlier I know he undressed him for shooting a 3...

Was 2 plays in a row. Rushed three pointer (that Tyler bailed him out with a putback). Jb started screaming at him right after that. Then immediately lost his guy for rebound.

He didn't lose his guy. He simply didn't look for any guy to put a body on and he mistimed his jump.

The guy didn't "go by him".

And his shot was fine. We will need this kid at some point this year.

Was 2 plays in a row. Rushed three pointer (that Tyler bailed him out with a putback). Jb started screaming at him right after that. Then immediately lost his guy for rebound.

That was it. That was absolutely not a rushed 3 pointer. I remember saying to my son that that was a great show, in flow, and was wide open. He just missed. No need whatsoever to get upset about that one. Lord knows we have other more 'senior' players who rushed more shots tonight without the need to berate them.

I think he fouled too giving them a 3pt play. He was the only one who played poorly tonight.

Good win. Everybody played well except for Howard. Let's just move on to next game since ND looks like a mid-major sans Jackson. Haven't seen such weak perimeter and interior D in awhile.

That was it. That was absolutely not a rushed 3 pointer. I remember saying to my son that that was a great show, in flow, and was wide open. He just missed. No need whatsoever to get upset about that one. Lord knows we have other more 'senior' players who rushed more shots tonight without the need to berate them.
We can agree to disagree on that one. Rushed in that it was early in the shot clock, if I recall. What's his 3 pt % again? He should be running the offense and not shooing in that situation. Jb used him to prove a point. It happens. I didn't see another mental lapse until Gs TO with four minutes left in the game.

We can agree to disagree on that one. Rushed in that it was early in the shot clock, if I recall. What's his 3 pt % again? He should be running the offense and not shooing in that situation. Jb used him to prove a point. It happens. I didn't see another mental lapse until Gs TO with four minutes left in the game.
he's now 1/12 shooting 3s

he's now 1/12 shooting 3s

Getting screamed at by JB is certainly going to help with that.

The shot was fine. Cooney airballed a three tonight early in the clock but didn't get pulled for that.

JB lost his mind and kind of looked silly doing it. Howard looked pissed for a bit.

I think JB realized he went overboard because he actually put Howard back in late in the second half.

Can't get more wide open than that. If he was told by JB to not shoot threes, then I definitely can see JB being mad and that being a very bad decision by Howard.

The shot was fine. Cooney airballed a three tonight early in the clock but didn't get pulled for that.

JB lost his mind and kind of looked silly doing it. Howard looked pissed for a bit.

I think JB realized he went overboard because he actually put Howard back in late in the second half.

He put Frank back in during garbage time. Meaningless.

I also thought it was a bad shot. Rushed. They were running their stuff patiently yet crisply prior to Frank's shot.

Cooney played well all game pretty much. He did give up a bad three to Beachem but he was great off the bounce. He's gonna force a couple naturally but he played a good game. Frank was bad in limited time.

I felt sorry for Howard about that. Here's our point guard under the basket trying for a rebound and he fouls. Other than Mike G, do we really have guards that will go in there with the big boys? Cooney gets some rebounds, but most of his are long range. I don't recall the specific 3 pt shot being referred to so it all could have been a build up for JB. Not the end of the world, hopefully Howard will not get too frazzled by this.

I thought it was a good look at the three, but if he has a redlight, I have no sympathy.

That has to be it. NO WAY IN HELL any of those folks in this thread say it was too early in the shot clock if the pass went to Mal, Cooney, G, or Lydon and they took that shot. Not a chance. You get that wide open, you shoot the damned ball.

The play before that Lydon had the ball low in the paint and looked at Howard, who was slightly open, but Howard pointed to Cooney who was wide open. The pass was made and the shot buried. Great b-ball IQ by Frank. He's going to be very good if Jim allows him to be.

Shot was in the flow of the offense, soft miss with rebounders in position. Not the biggest crime in the world. You got an open shot like that (and you're not prone to airballs/threes off the top of the backboard) - you take it. We don't give Cooney a red light on lay-ups, and he probably makes 1-12 on a hot streak - and look how letting him go to town worked out tonight! :)

I don't know, I'll never get what sets him off to that extent....Lydon and Coleman have probably done that with less of a reaction two dozen times each this year.

I felt sorry for Howard about that. Here's our point guard under the basket trying for a rebound and he fouls. Other than Mike G, do we really have guards that will go in there with the big boys? Cooney gets some rebounds, but most of his are long range. I don't recall the specific 3 pt shot being referred to so it all could have been a build up for JB. Not the end of the world, hopefully Howard will not get too frazzled by this.
I tend to agree it was a bit of build up for Jimmy. He knows these 5 games will make or break our team and he wants to keep the peddle to the metal. He is trying to get some minutes out of Howard plus give him a bit mote experience since he will be key when one of our starters gets in foul trouble in a critical game. Howard is bright enough to know it is Jimmy's way to jump all over freshman mistakes. Howard just needs to keep the game under control and provide turnover free minutes while he is in there.

Players have different responsibilities when they are on the floor. I don't think shooting threes early in the shoot clock is what Jim is looking for out of Howard

you are comparing how jb treats a 5th year sr who puts up numbers for us with a freshman who hasn't done a thing. In 3 years, jb will not yell at howard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom