Did Keith Jackson and Bob Griese ever call a game at the Dome together? | Syracusefan.com

Did Keith Jackson and Bob Griese ever call a game at the Dome together?

Alsacs

Living Legend
I was discussing this with a buddy and said I couldn’t remember if they ever did.
I know in the early 1990s we played Florida State in Tallahassee and I met Keith Jackson at the hotel as I went to the game.
I was really young and it was my first road game and he was a nice guy. I remember David Walker? Took the opening drive for a TD and then we got shut down and lost.

If they called a game at the Dome which one was it?

Cuse-Miami 1994. Also, Miami's D is stupid talented. Sapp, Ray Lewis, The Rock, etc.
The amount of talent on those teams are stupid.
Erickson should have beaten Nebraska.

I was discussing this with a buddy and said I couldn’t remember if they ever did.
I know in the early 1990s we played Florida State in Tallahassee and I met Keith Jackson at the hotel as I went to the game.
I was really young and it was my first road game and he was a nice guy. I remember David Walker? Took the opening drive for a TD and then we got shut down and lost.

If they called a game at the Dome which one was it?
Must've been '91. We had beaten Florida in the dome. I was so excited and it only got better when Ismail caught a bomb early to set up the first TD and then returned the first kick off we recieved for a touchdown (I think I have those in the right order). It was all FSU after that. Amp Lee and Edgar Bennett killed us.

Edit: For some reason I remembered Ismail's catch as being a diving one that set up a touchdown. I was wrong, it was a touchdown catch. I got the order right though. Not bad for a 28 year old memory.

Cuse-Miami 1994. Also, Miami's D is stupid talented. Sapp, Ray Lewis, The Rock, etc.
I still contend for me, when dan Conley had an interception early in this game, it was the loudest I’ve heard the dome. I was a frosh that year so I wasn’t there for penn st, etc but it was electric

I still contend for me, when dan Conley had an interception early in this game, it was the loudest I’ve heard the dome. I was a frosh that year so I wasn’t there for penn st, etc but it was electric
Was it this game or the '92 game you're thinking of?

Edit: For some reason I remembered Ismail's catch as being a diving one that set up a touchdown. I was wrong, it was a touchdown catch. I got the order right though. Not bad for a 28 year old memory.
Almost certainly, what you are thinking of is Qadry making a diving catch on 3rd & short to essentially ice SU's 31-21 win over Texas at the Dome, Sept. 12, 1992. Perhaps not the highest percentage play call in SU history, but it worked. The Orangemen were leading 24-41 at the time and scored a TD with ~20 second left to cap the scoring.

You can see the remarkable catch here at the 1:55 mark:

Almost certainly, what you are thinking of is Qadry making a diving catch on 3rd & short to essentially ice SU's 31-21 win over Texas at the Dome, Sept. 12, 1992. Perhaps not the highest percentage play call in SU history, but it worked. The Orangemen were leading 24-41 at the time and scored a TD with ~20 second left to cap the scoring.

You can see the remarkable catch here at the 1:55 mark:

That may be it. I loved watching that fake option pass during that era.

I was at both games. It was right up there, noise wise. Although, I was in the student section for PSU and upper corner for Miami, so the sound is different between those two sections.

Wasn't it the '92 Texas game with the option pass to a leaking Marvin Graves in the back corner of the end zone, when the railing broke and a bunch of people (and a metal railing) landed on him?

That was the 92 game. 3 yards short.

That may be it. I loved watching that fake option pass during that era.
Now this is a thread to sink your teeth into. Loved those style play calls back in the day. We also had a great mis direction throwback play to the TEs that call me crazy but just seemed to work every effin time. I remember Gedney catching a number of those. Option call right, sell it hard, TE seals the backside and sells it for a 3 count then takes off. QB drops step out of option and throws back opposite side and Geds just lonely for the grab.

Wasn't it the '92 Texas game with the option pass to a leaking Marvin Graves in the back corner of the end zone, when the railing broke and a bunch of people (and a metal railing) landed on him?
Yep it’s in the video linked in the thread

Yep it’s in the video linked in the thread
About 1:18:20 is the TD and then the 2 point conversion. Boy is it fun to see the QB have to wave down the crowd because it was so loud. I really want to see that again.

Conley had interceptions in both 92 and 94. Opening drive in both games.
And in '92, to that point, the Heisman winner Gino Torretta had not thrown an INT.

Conley had interceptions in both 92 and 94. Opening drive in both games.
Right, but I was assuming you were referencing the 92 game, because I remember it being insanely loud after the int.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom