Did my eyes fool me | Syracusefan.com

Did my eyes fool me

orangemass

All American
I swear we played man to man on an out of bounds play yesterday...

I swear we played man to man on an out of bounds play yesterday...

Yup, after we gave up to shot clock-beating 3's on inbounds plays with 2 seconds left on the shot clock. The same exact scenario played out for a third team, with Bona inbounding with 2 seconds on the shot clock and we played them man-to-man. It worked, because I don't think they were prepared for it.

We did, with 2 seconds on the clock. I think it was because we had given up multiple 3's at the end of the clock, and JB wanted our guys up on people.

Yes they did! I was begging for them to do it on the game thread... They did it, forced an airball. It's not even the defense in general that's the problem. It's the rebounding. Everyone is SOOO spread out on those late second Out Of Bounds plays-causing people to be WAY out of position to rebound. But you have to be spread out to cover the three.

Just wondering...if we don't practice man-to-man how did the players know what to do when the coach called for it?

Yes they did! I was begging for them to do it on the game thread... They did it, forced an airball. It's not even the defense in general that's the problem. It's the rebounding. Everyone is SOOO spread out on those late second Out Of Bounds plays-causing people to be WAY out of position to rebound. But you have to be spread out to cover the three.
This is actually pretty amusing. Even when JB played lots of man, he still used to zone on inbounds plays to prevent quick baskets. Or at least quick, inside baskets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom