Did nyone else think that Mo was going to blow this game? | Syracusefan.com

Did nyone else think that Mo was going to blow this game?

CaliCuse

All American
The way things have gone I was wincing on every pitch. I took a bathroom break when Hughes was in there. when I reset the pause button I see that Phil had once again been gone deep on.Walking off the field with NEW YORK across his chest on uniform,I could only think that will end in two weeks when the season ends and its bye bye!:cool:

We keep bringing in Mo earlier and earlier ... Girardi should just start him already. :D

No chance. Once he got the first out I knew it was in the bag.

We keep bringing in Mo earlier and earlier ... Girardi should just start him already. :D
Good point. I mean he yanked Hughes in the 4th after he gave up the HR, He could have brought Mo in there instead of Huff who also gave up an HR to make it 3-0.

MO has a desire to play center field at least once in his career.bIt would more than great if the Yanks could get into the playoffs and put Mo out there for an inning to give him a gift of that memory. He has earned that and more.Why not? The man is an ancient icon. Put him at a corner position. I'm guessing he goes back better than Ichiro in the field. What is he 43years old?

MO has a desire to play center field at least once in his career.bIt would more than great if the Yanks could get into the playoffs and put Mo out there for an inning to give him a gift of that memory. He has earned that and more.Why not? The man is an ancient icon. Put him at a corner position. I'm guessing he goes back better than Ichiro in the field. What is he 43years old?

I'm thinking it might be a better idea if its done game 162, after there is no chance at all for the Yankees to make the playoffs.

Isn't that how he blew out the knee last time? You trying to make sure he never plays again?

And at no points in their lives would Mo be faster than Ichiro, or a better fielder. The man's a great relief pitcher, let's not give him God-like status. He's no Chuck Norris.

Last edited:
Isn't that how he blew out the knee last time? You trying to make sure he never plays again.

And at no points in their lives would Mo be faster than Ichiro, or a better fielder. The man's a great relief pitcher, let's not give him God-like status. He's no Chuck Norris.

If he played one second of outfield in a regular season game I would lose my stuff.

If he played one second of outfield in a regular season game I would lose my stuff.

In a good way or a bad way?

I was actually at the game when Roger Clemens got to bat for the Sox. That was cool, but he wasn't 40 at the time and I'm pretty sure this was before he got heavily into the Roids.

I'm thinking it might be a better idea if its done game 162, after there is no chance at all for the Yankees to make the playoffs.

Game 162 will be at Houston. Mo pitches the 9th inning regardless of score (unless the Astros have already won).

In a good way or a bad way?

I was actually at the game when Roger Clemens got to bat for the Sox. That was cool, but he wasn't 40 at the time and I'm pretty sure this was before he got heavily into the Roids.

A bad way. He should never play in the outfield.

I remember in the continuation of the Pine Tar game, they put Ron Guidry in CF to finish the game.

Good point. I mean he yanked Hughes in the 4th after he gave up the HR, He could have brought Mo in there instead of Huff who also gave up an HR to make it 3-0.
vOK I like Mo as much as anyone but the man isn't infallible especially at his age,now.Sometimes "cutter comes in straight and dead center into the batter's wheelhouse and we all know what happens when that happens Huff shook off the blast and pitched well after that so I'm not giving up on him at this point.Third baseman Reynolds ,however needs to get into one of his positive streaks very soon. He can't keep leaving RISP and not get them in and on the board.:cool: