Did other programs fans criticize their Legendary Coaches? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Did other programs fans criticize their Legendary Coaches?

I can't figure out if it's an age thing or what. Like are there people on the board in their 30s or younger who have that opinion or is it 60+ that have had 40 years of nothing but enjoyment and are good with JB staying on forever.

It's my guess there is a direct correlation between age and willingness to sit back and let this keep going on.
Not true

Everything runs its course ... most leave before they tarnish their legacy if they have one... this is the Boehiem family tour. Do you think Boehiem would be preaching how good this team is any other year.

Felger&Mazz lead a daily mission against Belichick poisoning minds of dumb Patriots fans.

Read the Globe today Gasper says Bill is losing it by hiring Judge to work on offense.

Boeheim doesn’t get criticism from his local media. This board having a legitimate frustration is nothing.
Felger and Mazz are clowns.

It was enough of our fanbase that that's the first time I posted "Following a legend". I still remember coming home from the 2008 NIT loss to UMASS, after we had a 24 point lead, decided to not even read this board until the next season because the Boeheim bashers were going to rule it.

Then came 2009-14.

Yesterday's trip home felt a lot like that one and this board reads a lot like it did then.

Yesterday's trip home felt a lot like that one and this board reads a lot like it did then.
SWC it’s not personal.
The HC does a lot of the frustration himself with what he says.

Sorry but it’s not something you just ignore like another poster says. If he was humble and not rough which is the nicest way I can describe his attitude then I think a LOT of the people frustrated would feel sympathetic. Their probably would be a portion still who don’t like him.
I can tell you a lot of the people are frustrated with the spin he dishes and doesn’t adapt or change anything. Even though their has been a decline.

Also without an expiration date that builds up frustration. I bet JB wishes he could go 50 years. The frustration he seems to ignore as fans being ingrateful which is a joke.

Jim Boeheim has gotten the support of the fans and administration when he has needed for life events and coaching issues.

I am not even going to touch something that is fair game but wouldn’t last.

I also think the frustration has been amplified by what is allowed to be said on here. JB confirmed a lot of what is deleted on here. His comments would have been deleted on here if a poster said them.
Trying to control a message isn’t living in reality. If personal shots are made that is unacceptable. Having an unpopular opinion which has some merit doesn’t make a fan a hater.

SWC it’s not personal.
The HC does a lot of the frustration himself with what he says.

Sorry but it’s not something you just ignore like another poster says. If he was humble and not rough which is the nicest way I can describe his attitude then I think a LOT of the people frustrated would feel sympathetic. Their probably would be a portion still who don’t like him.
I can tell you a lot of the people are frustrated with the spin he dishes and doesn’t adapt or change anything. Even though their has been a decline.

Also without an expiration date that builds up frustration. I bet JB wishes he could go 50 years. The frustration he seems to ignore as fans being ingrateful which is a joke.

Jim Boeheim has gotten the support of the fans and administration when he has needed for life events and coaching issues.

I am not even going to touch something that is fair game but wouldn’t last.

I also think the frustration has been amplified by what is allowed to be said on here. JB confirmed a lot of what is deleted on here. His comments would have been deleted on here if a poster said them.
Trying to control a message isn’t living in reality. If personal shots are made that is unacceptable. Having an unpopular opinion which has some merit doesn’t make a fan a hater.

But I've read a lot of posts that take the most negative view possible of Jim's personality or motives.

"He made sure not to recruit anyone better than his sons so he could showcase them."

"He selfishly doesn't care about the team's record because all he cares about was getting to coach his sons."

"He's too lazy to recruit."

"Players leave because he says mean things to them."

"He doesn't care any more."

I’ll take your word for it because I really don’t remember.

I knew we had Flynn, Harris, Onuaku, and Devendorf, and that Devo and Rautins had been out with injuries, so I wasn’t worried. We were recruiting at a high level, and had studs already on the roster.

I’ll take your word for it because I really don’t remember.

I knew we had Flynn, Harris, Onuaku, and Devendorf, and that Devo and Rautins had been out with injuries, so I wasn’t worried. We were recruiting at a high level, and had studs already on the roster.
Honestly I don’t care about the NIT if we go there.
The only time i have watched it was when the 2007 team got screwed.
We supported those Senjors because they got screwed.

In 2008 I didn’t care we lost to UMass in the NiT.
The NIT is about which team wants to continue playing.
I don’t care if we lost by 30 to UMass or lost a big lead.
Boeheim had recruited a young team that was clearly taking their lumps and was getting better.

I don’t remember the frustration being JB should retire. Back in 2008.
With said SWC unlike the HC doesn’t just say things as spin so I take him at his word as he takes notes and is a good poster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom