Did Pitt hire GRob as head coach? | Syracusefan.com

Did Pitt hire GRob as head coach?

Man alive, Cincy has speed on both sides of the ball.

Surprised. Pitt has eight new starters on defense.

I still think it was huge mistake to fire Wannstedt.

Tino Sunseri looks like a shellshocked Andrew Robinson... Do we get a Tom Savage sighting?

In all seriousness, the Pitt program appears to be in a very bad spot. It most certainly has a GRob year 3 feel to it.
(edit: maybe not THAT bad)

Tino Sunseri looks like a shellshocked Andrew Robinson...

Giving that kid the QB position to begin with two years ago was a mistake. The Sunseri family own a bunch of places in the Strip District and all over town. There was pressure to make this kid the next Marino. Fail.

Pitt O line is god awful.

Anyone catch the Nassib shoutout by Jessie Palmer? Says many NFL scouts have Nassib as the 5th or so best Senior Quarterback.

Get ready for a ton of BS penalties against us this year. Big East refs just called an AWFUL holding call on a Pitt TD.

Pitt O line is god awful.

Anyone catch the Nassib shoutout by Jessie Palmer? Says many NFL scouts have Nassib as the 5th or so best Senior Quarterback.

Yeah I heard that. 5th Best after Barkley. True or not it is great to hear the positive praise.

That was a quality possession to end the half from Sunseri...

Sunseri is just horrible. 5 seconds left, he triple pumps before throwing it away. And meanwhile, his best WR was wide open.

That's 14 points off the board because of Sunseri. Interception and dumb clock management...

What a mess

That's too damn funny, I just landed and I stopped for a couple of decompressing pops and that's exactly what I said after watching the first four possessions of that game, "what the hell, did Pitt hire Robinson?"

Surprised. Pitt has eight new starters on defense.

I still think it was huge mistake to fire Wannstedt.

Delusions of grandure leading to really bad personnel decisions. Story as old as time.

Tino thought this was worth 3 points.
pittlol.gif

Todd Graham set that program back 3 years. Alienated a lot of local coached, purged the grind it out player on the roster for his "high octane" offense. Too much turnover there for this team to overcome this year.

1964-72 SU 7 wins, (by scors like 51-13, 50-17 and 43-13) Pitt 2 wins

1973-83 Pitt eleven straight wins.

1984-2001 SU 16 wins Pitt 1 win. 1 tie.

2002-2011 Pitt wins 8 of 9, including the least 7 in a row.

These teams are never good at the same time because thyey recruit too many of the same players. This year the worm turns back in our direction. Four coaches in three years killed their program.

I always wondered why they got rid of Dave. Was Wannstache all that bad?

I always wondered why they got rid of Dave. Was Wannstache all that bad?

Couldn't seem to get better than 5-2 in conference play, which wasn't getting them into the BCS Bowl. They wanted to do better, but hired the wrong guy, who beat up his wife, and then hired the wrong guy to replace the wrong guy. One could argue the decision to fire Wanny was the bad decision, but that's hindsight when the next guy ends up worse. I would say the bad decision was the head coach they picked.

I'm sure West Virginia isn't too upset about how they handled the exact same situation...a mere 75 miles away.

Cinci looks good...

Is Cinci that good? Or is Pitt that bad?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom