did #shamarko get away with a 15 yd penalty? | Syracusefan.com

did #shamarko get away with a 15 yd penalty?

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
looks like it to me...

post_677.html

http://photos.syracuse.com/post-standard/2012/10/post_677.html

egregious missed penalty aside, hope he is OK.

"SU #23 Tyson-Prince Gulley is hit hard trying to take down Pittsburgh #86 J.P. Holtz late in the game at the Carrier Dome. Photo by Frank Ordoñez / The Post-Standard"

Wow.

And no, that penalty is rarely called in that circumstance since he was a ball carrier.

"SU #23 Tyson-Prince Gulley is hit hard trying to take down Pittsburgh #86 J.P. Holtz late in the game at the Carrier Dome. Photo by Frank Ordoñez / The Post-Standard"

Wow.

And no, that penalty is rarely called in that circumstance since he was a ball carrier.

ha i didnt even notice that...

i was referencing his pants above the knees aka the Syracuse personal foul.

It was definitely helmet-to-helmet, but it occurred because the TE lowered his head to deliver a hit to the defender. Wasn't like Shamarko was trying to lead with his helmet--if the kid didn't dip his head like that it would have been a clean hit.

But I think you're right--could have drawn a flag if #21 hadn't gotten knocked cold out of his helmet on the play.

Wow.

It appears that everyone at the P-S has accepted they're riding a sinking ship and have just given up.

It appears that everyone at the P-S has accepted they're riding a sinking ship and have just given up.

I guess I could understand if they just got the name wrong, but the number is wrong too, and the picture couldn't be clearer, haha.

It was definitely helmet-to-helmet, but it occurred because the TE lowered his head to deliver a hit to the defender. Wasn't like Shamarko was trying to lead with his helmet--if the kid didn't dip his head like that it would have been a clean hit.

But I think you're right--could have drawn a flag if #21 hadn't gotten knocked cold out of his helmet on the play.

i was just joking about the phantom pants above the knee penalty that we were called for in the tenn game in 1998.

in hindsight, it was a poor joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom