did waiters take 5 steps in the backcourt? | Syracusefan.com

did waiters take 5 steps in the backcourt?

what's your favorite color?

• blue

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • no yellow AUGH

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

Millhouse

Living Legend
this is not important, but on the play near the end of the game where he was gesturing to the fans, it looked like he chris webbered about 5 steps before dribbling

am i on drugs or did anyone else notice that?

this isn't to nitpick, i am a big fan of waiters

Went to game and watched replay last night, and noticed the same thing. This isn't an isolated incident either. Just hope he doesn't choose to do the Ickey Shuffle at a critical point in the NCAA Tournament.

Not 5 steps, but when it happened, I said "He just walked". The ref, who was right next to him, was running up the court and not looking at him. I thought DW also walked after stealing an inbounds pass near midcourt when he ended up scoring on a layup.

I wish you would have given more color choices in your poll.

It was actually a reference. The second color should have been red.

Do you know the airspeed of an unladen swallow?

My problem with DW is that when he walks the ball up, especially late in the game, he comes close to a ten-count. Watch him near the end of regulation vs. Gtown. He got the ball into the frontcourt in 9 to 9.5 seconds. Lazy.

What do you mean, an African or European swallow?

Yeah, that was egregious. Probably three steps before he dribbled.

this is not important, but on the play near the end of the game where he was gesturing to the fans, it looked like he chris webbered about 5 steps before dribbling

It's not an isolated instance that DW takes the odd extra step when walking the ball up the court. I have noticed it as well

It was actually a reference. The second color should have been red.

Do you know the airspeed of an unladen swallow?

African or European Swallow ?

I notice this with players all over, it is never called, but guys constantly shuffle both feet before their first dribble

And refs rarely call palming the ball and everybody does it.

I notice this with players all over, it is never called, but guys constantly shuffle both feet before their first dribble
Yep, that seems to have become the norm over the past few years, to the point where refs just couldn't/wouldn't call it anymore.

Yep, that seems to have become the norm over the past few years, to the point where refs just couldn't/wouldn't call it anymore.

They call it on Triche all the time.

My problem with DW is that when he walks the ball up, especially late in the game, he comes close to a ten-count. Watch him near the end of regulation vs. Gtown. He got the ball into the frontcourt in 9 to 9.5 seconds. Lazy.

I dont think he has been called for a backcourt violation. Not sure why this is lazy. Lots of times he is calling the sets out in between dribbles.

They call it on Triche all the time.
they always call it when guys do the fake one way go the other way before starting the dribble, and half the time I don't think it is a travel, the ref just gets faked out

they always call it when guys do the fake one way go the other way before starting the dribble, and half the time I don't think it is a travel, the ref just gets faked out
Yep, and that pisses me off. When you go to basketball camps, they drill you on jab step and go, ball fake and go, pump fake and go, etc, and that stuff ALWAYS gets called as a travel these days. I don't remember the last time a jab and go wasn't called.

Yeah, I did a double-take b/c you see the foot shuffle from time to time, but he caught the ball, changed pivot feet, took two more steps then dribbled. It was unreal.

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Don't remember that play but I have seen 2.5 steps a lot this season, from players on numerous teams, and it is never called when driving to the hoop. Also, 1.5 steps with no dribble.

Yep, and that pisses me off. When you go to basketball camps, they drill you on jab step and go, ball fake and go, pump fake and go, etc, and that stuff ALWAYS gets called as a travel these days. I don't remember the last time a jab and go wasn't called.

Incorrectly called about 75% of the time, IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom