Did we discuss the tiff between Shrader and Howard after the TD? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Did we discuss the tiff between Shrader and Howard after the TD?

The only people truly upset with the TD being “vultured” started Jarveon Howard in the flex on their college fantasy football team. A quick reaction is not endemic of an attitude problem or dissension in the ranks. It’s simply a quick reaction. I guarantee no one in the program is giving this a second thought and the only place it’s being discussed is here in cyberspace.

Would also agree with this.

I have a feeling that this is a way bigger deal to us than it is the players.

Moving on to Liberty. Need a win, a win really really catapults our Bowl chances here

Not sure if it was different for the people on the sidelines but on TV it didn’t look like much. Howard was even smiling a bit.

He racked up some stats on the final drive. I’m sure he’s fine.

He’s probably not happy to be 4th in line, but maybe he’ll move up. I think he runs either harder or smarter (vision) than Adams. Since being here I’m not sure Adams has ever broken one. Howard has done it plenty.
I replayed that part of the game at least ten times and I still couldn't see any disagreement on the sideline.

really, its the QBs job to figure out where the ball should go.. if he keeps it and walls in like he did never a bad call even if the RB walks in you still need to hand it off and not screw that up..
No way. It's the QBs call. Why would you ever risk a handoff or pitch out (which could be mishandled or fumbled) when you can simply push the ball in yourself.

Would also agree with this.

I have a feeling that this is a way bigger deal to us than it is the players.

Moving on to Liberty. Need a win, a win really really catapults our Bowl chances here
Watershed game for sure. Head to Tallahassee 3-1 on a high and all will be right with the world!

Jarveon sat out last year and I'm not faulting him for his specific reasons why he chose to do that. However, it allowed a guy named Sean Tucker to get a ton of PT and he took full advantage of it. Now, Jarveon is buried on the depth chart. I can only imagine the frustration (and likely some regret), but it is what it is.

GS made the right call btw. When you go untouched for a TD on an RPO, you made the right read.

I seem to recall that Howard was the SU goal line guy two years ago. Whenever SU was at the opponents goal line, Howard would enter the game and was frequently the RB strong and quick enough to finish the drive.
Schrader is new to the team this year and almost certainly has no knowledge of Howard's goal line history. So, don't blame Schrader; he didn't know.
It’s a turn of events for Howard. Lots of his TD’s were goal line situations where another running back got us there and he came in to get the score. Saturday he did the work to get us to the goal line and someone else punched it in. I don’t remember seeing anyone crying when he got the glory so he should stop being a baby.

The only people truly upset with the TD being “vultured” started Jarveon Howard in the flex on their college fantasy football team. A quick reaction is not endemic of an attitude problem or dissension in the ranks. It’s simply a quick reaction. I guarantee no one in the program is giving this a second thought and the only place it’s being discussed is here in cyberspace.

It's not the quick reaction that worried me, it was the sideline interaction.

I replayed that part of the game at least ten times and I still couldn't see any disagreement on the sideline.

It was very quick and then the camera cut away. Watch as Shrader walks on the sideline. Howard is in the middle of some other players (bottomish left of screen), you can see him shake his head and turn. Shrader gives the smile/smirk. I think Shrader is saying something before Howard shakes his head. I'll see if I can find it and get the timestamp on my DVR.

Dino always preaches that good TEAMS don't care about who gets the credit, they care about winning. He needs to fix Howard's attitude. Howard should care about the team objectives over his own personal one. Schrader went untouched for a TD ; how about celebrating that Howard? Howard made a decision to sit out last season and as a result other RB's moved past him on the depth chart so now he's probably frustrated.
Yup.

Jarveon sat out last year and I'm not faulting him for his specific reasons why he chose to do that. However, it allowed a guy named Sean Tucker to get a ton of PT and he took full advantage of it. Now, Jarveon is buried on the depth chart. I can only imagine the frustration (and likely some regret), but it is what it is.

GS made the right call btw. When you go untouched for a TD on an RPO, you made the right read.
You might say that Jarveon got Wally Pipped.

You might say that Jarveon got Wally Pipped.
As soon as I saw Adams come on the field to give Tucker a well deserved breather I knew Dino sent a strong message to Howard, I love Howards skills but his attitude is not what our team needs, It will be very interesting to see how this scenario plays out from here.

As soon as I saw Adams come on the field to give Tucker a well deserved breather I knew Dino sent a strong message to Howard, I love Howards skills but his attitude is not what our team needs, It will be very interesting to see how this scenario plays out from here.
Really? Was that the same message he sent to Lutz?

Really? Was that the same message he sent to Lutz?
I don't know if a message was being sent to Howard. The message to Lutz this season has been, "We love that you're part of our team, but you're not as good as this other guy."

I loved that move Adams put on that guy. I think we'll see some fun runs from him if he gets more touches.

I think Adams is a very capable RB2. If it was Howard as RB2, I think he would be serviceable. I do think that with Shredder in as the QB, it’s going to be even more important to rotate the RB2 in a bit more to help keep Tucker fresh. sufandu agreed about Adams’ move. He broke the defender’s ankles.

Since being here I’m not sure Adams has ever broken one. Howard has done it plenty.

I think I remember him scoring a TD in that bowl game when he first became eligible.

Last edited:
Since being here I’m not sure Adams has ever broken one. Howard has done it plenty.

I think I remember him scoring a TD in that bowl game when he first became eligible.
He was a pretty good runner behind Moe Neal a couple years ago, splitting time with Howard. Scored a few TDs, caught some passes out of the backfield.

He was a pretty good runner behind Moe Neal a couple years ago, splitting time with Howard. Scored a few TDs, caught some passes out of the backfield.

Yeah I just hadn’t seen him break one. I remember that 95 yard highlight at OU.

He impressed me last night though. Couple of big plays on a key drive where he made great cuts and showed good burst. We all know who the bell cow is on this offense but Adams is a more than capable back and should be able to give Tucker a little rest.