Didn't MCW learn anything from the smack talked here about uconn? | Syracusefan.com

Didn't MCW learn anything from the smack talked here about uconn?

If Georgetown needed to MCW talking trash to fire them up we will win by 25.

When he said that you could see CJ nervously kind of giggle.

It is what it is, Hoov is right, if GTown needed any more motivation they had no chance to begin with.

I don't care what Mike says - if he plays defense, takes fewer than eight shots, and passes the ball to his teammates, he'll have done all he needs to.

Agree with Otto. I'm more nervous about seeing MCW putting on another NBA Draft audition with 17 shots for 11 points and 3 assists.

If MCW misses layups/has an off game finishing or doesn't take care of the ball I won't be too happy. The comment makes no differenence to me at all. Actually I guess I like it. Now go prove it.

I'm with AirForce. This is entirely Marsh's fault. I think he must be whispering in MCW's ear for sure!

It was all Kjo's fault. If you watch the CJ/MCW show on the Post Standard's website you'll see that it was Kjo who made the statements first and then MCW repeated them on camera afterwards.

Bulletin board material is for losers. If you can't get amped up for a game on your own you don't deserve to be out there. The people sitting on their couches are the only ones who will really care about this one.

I like it. That's actually very subtle compared to the things that have gone on in this rivalry.

Well, the two teams used to throw punches at each other. Can't do that anymore. Why not a verbal jab to spice it up? Tells me MCW bleeds Orange. I love it.

Dome will be rowdy. Gonna be intense. Like the good 'ol days.

Bulletin board material is for losers. If you can't get amped up for a game on your own you don't deserve to be out there. The people sitting on their couches are the only ones who will really care about this one.

If you don't think guys like Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Lebron... aren't affected by this kind of "bulletin board material," you're either not paying attention, or underestimating psychology and human nature. Emotion does play a very real part, and even if you think you're amped up for a big game, there's still another level.

This was stupid of MCW, on more than one level.

If you don't think guys like Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Lebron... aren't affected by this kind of "bulletin board material," you're either not paying attention, or underestimating psychology and human nature. Emotion does play a very real part, and even if you think you're amped up for a big game, there's still another level.

Stupid? Not so much. Do you actually think Georgetown isnt already pumped up for the game? What MCW said is peanuts. I love his confidence if anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stupid? Not so much. Do you actually think Georgetown isnt already pumped up for the game? What MCW said is peanuts. I love his confidence if anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should coach a college team instead of these clown coaches that don't want their players talking trash in the papers.

Sent using my Commodore 64

I don't care what Mike says - if he plays defense, takes fewer than eight shots, and passes the ball to his teammates, he'll have done all he needs to.

Add to that: three turnovers or less.

Thankfully nobody near the talent level of Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Bird or Lebron are suiting up for the Hoyas tomorrow!

It was all Kjo's fault. If you watch the CJ/MCW show on the Post Standard's website you'll see that it was Kjo who made the statements first and then MCW repeated them on camera afterwards.
I'm not sure I would call this anyone's "fault" but you're right, MCW was just paraphrasing KJ. It's a pretty lighthearted comment as far as trash talk goes anyway. It's the headline of the article to help promote the rivalry and draw a little more circulation, that's about it. No harm done. Georgetown still sucks.

Indeed. Along with no more missed fast-break layups and no pouting and quitting on a play after he feels a ref blew a call.

In fact, I'm going to make a fearless prediction: If MCW has three turnovers or less, we win. If he has four or more, we win anyway!!!!