Didn't See This Link | Syracusefan.com

Didn't See This Link

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Story from the Chicago Tribune on ND joining the ACC. Believe it went on line yesterday.

Looks like the SU-ND games already scheduled might be affected. I would think so; Clemson and FSU want ND games scheduled ASAP, which I think works in our favor.

The ACC is already working out terms of the new contract with ESPN now than ND is in the fold.

Word out of the BE offices is that their negotiating firm has recommended they take the bidding for their new contract outside (turn down ESPN's offer).

I would not be surprised if ESPN times things so that the day the Big East announces its new contract with NBC, ESPN announces the new terms of the ACC contract.

Chicago Tribune Link

What is the general feeling on people on the board? Is the ND series good for SU football or bad?

What is the general feeling on people on the board? Is the ND series good for SU football or bad?
It is great if they play in the Dome. Otherwise, F it. We don't need the pimped money any more.

Nice find, Tom. I don't mind honoring the current deal, Syracuse is an honorable school. Beyond that, or any alterations to the current deal, I would want an equal amount of games in the Dome as in South Bend. I am not opposed to an occasional neutral site game.

It is great if they play in the Dome. Otherwise, F it. We don't need the pimped money any more.

Mega dittos. As much as I don't like the NJ deal, its magnified 10x worse from a competitive standpoint if some ACC schools are playing ND at home and we are at a neutral site.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

As a fan I am indifferent. I say that because the ol' Doc will just schedule another team to fill in, and only sell out half the stadium instead of a full house ND would have brought. I agree with Htown if ND backs out they owe us some Dome games. Kind of messed up how FSU and Clemson cry and everyone has to bow down to them but i guess thats the way collage football works now

As a fan I am indifferent. I say that because the ol' Doc will just schedule another team to fill in, and only sell out half the stadium instead of a full house ND would have brought. I agree with Htown if ND backs out they owe us some Dome games. Kind of messed up how FSU and Clemson cry and everyone has to bow down to them but i guess thats the way collage football works now

Pretty sure the Meadowlands won't tolerate just any old team being substituted for Notre Dame.

Kind of messed up how FSU and Clemson cry and everyone has to bow down to them but i guess thats the way collage football works now

F em. Let them leave and pay the 50 million.

I think a nice compromise might be to ditch one of the ND home games and play 2 at MetLife and one in South Bend. Going forward I'd like to see either a home n home or a 1-1-1 (with MetLife getting 1)

Pretty sure the Meadowlands won't tolerate just any old team being substituted for Notre Dame.

They can get who ever they want. Fact is no one will sell like ND. They can schedule Alabama and they won't sell like ND would

They can get who ever they want. Fact is no one will sell like ND. They can schedule Alabama and they won't sell like ND would

The Meadowlands isn't paying SU for a game against Akron.

Maybe they won't sell like Notre Dame but Penn State will be close. And I don't like saying that but its a fact. Will that hold when PSU goes through a few 6-6, 5-7 seasons in the coming years? Probably not, but they'll still be a decent draw.

Maybe they won't sell like Notre Dame but Penn State will be close. And I don't like saying that but its a fact. Will that hold when PSU goes through a few 6-6, 5-7 seasons in the coming years? Probably not, but they'll still be a decent draw.

I may be wrong but isn't Penn State already scheduled for games in NYC. Are you saying we should just schedule all the NYC games with Penn State if ND backs out.

The Meadowlands isn't paying SU for a game against Akron.

I never said "any old team" , of course they are going to schedule a good team. Problem is as a fan with a limited budget, I won't get to see that team in person. I wish they would schedule Akron for the NYC game that way I wouldn't miss much.

I may be wrong but isn't Penn State already scheduled for games in NYC. Are you saying we should just schedule all the NYC games with Penn State if ND backs out.

I never said "any old team" , of course they are going to schedule a good team. Problem is as a fan with a limited budget, I won't get to see that team in person. I wish they would schedule Akron for the NYC game that way I wouldn't miss much.

I would never say anything like that. I am pretty much where Bees is as far as scheduling PSU at all. Main difference is that I'd give it a specific sentence. Maybe 30 years like Sandusky (disgracefully) received from the Judge the other day.

I'm curious, what teams would "move the needle" for people here? Who would you realistically want to see come to the dome?

I'm curious, what teams would "move the needle" for people here? Who would you realistically want to see come to the dome?

Stanford, USC, Ohio State, Michigan... Oh, realistically?

Stanford, Northwestern, Kansas State.

Stanford, USC, Ohio State, Michigan... Oh, realistically?

Stanford, Northwestern, Kansas State.

Glad someone knows the marketplace. Stanford would be interesting, I'm just not sure how much flexibility they have for any games outside of their 9 Pac12 and locked in ND game each year. Not sure Kansas State is a big enough name for most, and if Snyder ever retires or dies they'll go back to being a nothing program.

Glad someone knows the marketplace. Stanford would be interesting, I'm just not sure how much flexibility they have for any games outside of their 9 Pac12 and locked in ND game each year. Not sure Kansas State is a big enough name for most, and if Snyder ever retires or dies they'll go back to being a nothing program.

I agree about Kansas State. I'd like to see KSU before Snyder retiresw so we can give him a standing ovation...and beat him.

Mega dittos. As much as I don't like the NJ deal, its magnified 10x worse from a competitive standpoint if some ACC schools are playing ND at home and we are at a neutral site.

Didn't ND just host UM in Chicago?

Don't UGA and UF play at a neutral site, same with UT and OU? Those are conference games.

I was really discouraged by the turnout for USC. I think I'd prefer us keeping as many games in the Dome as possible, especially anything that's ACC-related.

Didn't ND just host UM in Chicago?

Don't UGA and UF play at a neutral site, same with UT and OU? Those are conference games.

Yea but did they both give up their home game?

And since when is ND and UM in the same conference?

I can't believe the number of people in this thread that don't think giving up some competitive advantage in the ACC is no big deal. While we are fighting for position and record vs our conference mates a team like an NCSt will be playing ND at home while we could be playing our home game on the road. I guess winning and bowl games just aren't as important to some people.

I can't believe the number of people in this thread that don't think giving up some competitive advantage in the ACC is no big deal. While we are fighting for position and record vs our conference mates a team like an NCSt will be playing ND at home while we could be playing our home game on the road. I guess winning and bowl games just aren't as important to some people.

I'll counter it with this. We wouldn't be giving up an ACC competitive advantage by playing ND in MetLife. It would have no bearing on the conference standings.

Second, it's looking at a bigger picture than one game. Obviously there is some financial advantage to playing these scheduled games in MetLife, what that number is, I don't know. Is it $1 million, $2 million, $5 million or somewhere in between? Whatever it is, it's a significant contributor to the football budget. I guess I'm just as stunned at the people on the board that don't recognize at how much of a financial disadvantage this program is in. We're behind in facilities, we're behind in coaches' salaries, and we're probably behind in recruiting budgets.

I think there are other advantages to the MetLife games as well, such as national exposure, exposure to NYC recruits and the draw of being able to play a game in their backyard, but it's all secondary to the money. If MetLife decides that its no longer worth it to them to buy whatever games for whatever price SU is willing to sell them for, then they won't happen.

I'll counter it with this. We wouldn't be giving up an ACC competitive advantage by playing ND in MetLife. It would have no bearing on the conference standings.

Second, it's looking at a bigger picture than one game. Obviously there is some financial advantage to playing these scheduled games in MetLife, what that number is, I don't know. Is it $1 million, $2 million, $5 million or somewhere in between? Whatever it is, it's a significant contributor to the football budget. I guess I'm just as stunned at the people on the board that don't recognize at how much of a financial disadvantage this program is in. We're behind in facilities, we're behind in coaches' salaries, and we're probably behind in recruiting budgets.

I think there are other advantages to the MetLife games as well, such as national exposure, exposure to NYC recruits and the draw of being able to play a game in their backyard, but it's all secondary to the money. If MetLife decides that its no longer worth it to them to buy whatever games for whatever price SU is willing to sell them for, then they won't happen.

Bowl games don't have to go by conference placement. That's what I'm talking about. Not whether we are 5th or 6th but our overall record vs say an NCSt who may have gotten ND at home as part of the agreement while we played ours in NJ. Don't be surprised if ND would have as many, if not more, fans there either.

Also, going to the ACC takes the pressure off the money part to the tune of an extra $12-15m. And what makes you think we are behind in coaches salaries? We offered 2 guys $2m which is very competitive.

Winning and going to bowl games will drive recruiting and money more than the NJ games.

Bowl games don't have to go by conference placement. That's what I'm talking about. Not whether we are 5th or 6th but our overall record vs say an NCSt who may have gotten ND at home as part of the agreement while we played ours in NJ. Don't be surprised if ND would have as many, if not more, fans there either.

Also, going to the ACC takes the pressure off the money part to the tune of an extra $12-15m. And what makes you think we are behind in coaches salaries? We offered 2 guys $2m which is very competitive.

Winning and going to bowl games will drive recruiting and money more than the NJ games.

That's competitive for a head coach, for now. What about assistants? I can't say I know what our coordinators make relative to the field, but I'd guess we're lower half of D1-A. Plus, all of these schools are about to run into additional money with the new TV deals coming into play, so I'd expect that figure to go up some.

It's not just about making more than we do now, the jump to the ACC takes care of that. But in the ACC we will be competing against schools with larger budgets, who will also be making the same amount from the conference as we would. Hard to catch up that way.

I agree winning, is the cure for a lot of what ails us as a program right now. But 1 game in NJ every other year will not be what keeps us from regaining our footing as a top-25 program, if anything it will help enhance it. Winning, and consistent winning, will come from rebuilding a poor infrastructure (which is underway, but nowhere near complete). A flash in the pan bowl season won't do it for long term success, it's about looking at it big-picture, not through the prism of one game.

I agree with your sentiment, but we have two games scheduled with ND in the Meadowlands, 2014 & 2016. If ND is good with that, then we honor our agreement. After that, we swap Home and Dome. I would disagree with continuing to play all of our "Dome" games versus ND in the Meadowlands. I could live with the occasional game with ND in the Meadowlands so long as they lose a home game for every Dome game we lose, only periodically, I still want them in the Dome.

I honestly think that ND will try to keep the game in the Meadowlands, cancel us and move another team to the Meadowlands. Yes, I know this is our contract, but it would work for ND and the Meadowlands and allow us to recoup a Dome game, as well as accommodate the ACC. I would think an FSU, Clemson, Miami, or VATech would suffice as our replacement. Otherwise, Syracuse gets to be the lucky school with 2 games against ND in the 3-year period.