Dillon starting? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dillon starting?

On top of that. How much can we really evaluate the future with these QB’s? 2021 starter will be a transfer or TD. The true competition is in the off season. There will be much more situational play with 7v7 workouts, team periods that will give you a true feel of their progression. You can only get so much throwing them out there with this O line. All we are going to see is quick game screens slants, outs and fades. We can’t get these QB’s killed. Nc st and ND is just gonna sit on all the short stuff. That’s what Louisville did. That’s why Morgan couldnt find any one open.

So when do we see them live?

When are they working out this spring? COVID is still rampant. If it continues to spike, who knows when we're practicing.

Is our OL going to be all All Americans next year? Of course not.

We need to get as many reps as possible for these young guys because we don't know if we'll be playing next week if there is a COVID outbreak.

Take what you can get now.

Do we know he had a concussion? I have not heard that was the case.

I don't know for certain. However, they were treating him as such in the tent on the sideline. It was like a DWI stop. Trainer had a finger or pen up and going through the eye test to follow it back and forth. If he's still missing practice they're obviously taking some serious precautions and clearly the injury was him hitting the back of his head on the turf.

On top of that. How much can we really evaluate the future with these QB’s? 2021 starter will be a transfer or TD. The true competition is in the off season. There will be much more situational play with 7v7 workouts, team periods that will give you a true feel of their progression. You can only get so much throwing them out there with this O line. All we are going to see is quick game screens slants, outs and fades. We can’t get these QB’s killed. Nc st and ND is just gonna sit on all the short stuff. That’s what Louisville did. That’s why Morgan couldnt find any one open.
I don't think it's just about evaluation-It's giving him some exposure to the speed of the game, getting the butterflies out and seeing what he needs to work on, so if we need him in the future, it's not his first time when it really matters. I don't expect him to be the 2021 starter, but he can very possibly be our #2, which with our OL would make it likely he (or Morgan) would be needed next year.
Besides there's basically no film on him, so NC State doesn't have a chance:)

Having said all that, I'm all for giving Rex the 1st series or two, let him go out on the field, and let Dillon watch and visualize for a few minutes.

Last edited:
I'm so pissed at Servais. Morgan's career could be over before it gets started and now he's looking at the California penal law 3 strikes rule.
Don't blame Servais-Blame Dino for having a True Freshman 265 pound last minute commit as our backup Tackle at both spots. I'm sure Servais is giving his all, but apparently not healthy and we don't have much else in terms of options

Last edited:
Don't blame Servais-Blame Dino for having a True Freshman 265 pound last minute commit as our backup Tackle at both spots. I'm sure Servais is giving his all, but apparently not healthy and apparently we don't have much else in terms of options

Nah ... the injury thing is just board speak. He's ok enough to chip someone.

I don't think it's just about evaluation-It's giving him some exposure to the speed of the game and get the butterflies out and see what he needs to work on, so if we need him in the future, it's not his first time when it really matters. I don't expect him to be the 2021 starter, but he can very possibly be our #2, which with OL would make it likely he (or Morgan) would be needed next year.
Besides there's basically no film on him, so NC State doesn't have a chance:)

Having said all that, I'm all for giving Rex the 1st series or two, let him go out on the field, and let Dillon watch and visualize for a few minutes.
I have all the same thoughts until I think of the safety of the player. Most fans don’t think of that. We want to see a potential starter get reps (including me). We selfishly don’t won’t to see Rex. We forget to factor in that we are throwing him behind a terrible line that can get him hurt. I know first hand that it’s a concern for the parents. They are excited but know what the O line has done and they saw what happened to Jacobian last week. At some point people have to stop looking at this situation from a fan perspective.

Last edited:
I’d be ok with starting like an 8th string RB and just running the wildcat all game. Chew that clock, and avoid vicious blindside hits, and get the hell out of there.

Don't blame Servais-Blame Dino for having a True Freshman 265 pound last minute commit as our backup Tackle at both spots. I'm sure Servais is giving his all, but apparently not healthy and apparently we don't have much else in terms of options

Red was supposed to be the back-up T. Are you blaming Dino because Red got hurt?

So when do we see them live?

When are they working out this spring? COVID is still rampant. If it continues to spike, who knows when we're practicing.

Is our OL going to be all All Americans next year? Of course not.

We need to get as many reps as possible for these young guys because we don't know if we'll be playing next week if there is a COVID outbreak.

Take what you can get now.
We? We don’t get to see anything. I know it’s sucks that we are losing but us fans don’t have any say on how Dino runs his team. I selfishly would like to see all freshmans and sophomores play but that would be stupid to do. The right coaching decision is to do what is best for your team and the kid that you are feeding to the wolves.

Start Dillon give him reps. How much worse can he be than a TE? We are not going to win wit either give the youth experience for next year.

NC State has a good DL.
Not a good D but a good DL.

I don’t think it matters who starts at QB we aren’t scoring much this week.

The good thing our team has done is keep Covid out of the program.
The coaches and players deserve credit for that.

I can’t believe the line has remained 14.

It's not about the fans
It's about the start at home where he spent 5 years of his life his all
Clearly you see it differently
Cheers to you, have a good night
Uummmm, he wouldn't be starting if Tommy didn't get hurt or are you saying that they should have benched TD for the last home game because Rex is a Sr?

Uummmm, he wouldn't be starting if Tommy didn't get hurt or are you saying that they should have benched TD for the last home game because Rex is a Sr?
No lol, if Tommy where healthy he would get the start.
Giving the state of the program and where we are at, he should get the start for all he's done.
I'm not sure why so many folks are against this?
What do we learn from our Freshman QBs with the shaky potatoes oline we keep running out?
What does it really hurt to give Rex the opening series as a tip of the hat for what he's done for SU for 5 years?
End of the day it's a classy move that we can make due to injuries.

Yeah, I find it funny that fans say WE need to see what he can do as if we're making the decisions. I'd say I'm interested in seeing what he looks like. But I certainly don't need to see what he can do for the future of the program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom