Dino and the new La Familia | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Dino and the new La Familia

We need to become a top destination school for east coast kids that leave and enter the portal a year or two later.
If the program is constructed in a sustainable way that always has guys ready to produce but also allows space for development, I don't care where they went to high school or how they came into the program.

Name a single program in this region that SU is consistently pulling talent from it at least being considered.

Name a single HS program in this region that is consistently producing P5 talent? There is more D1 talent in a 30-40 mile radius of Pittsburgh than there is probably in all of NYS.

Name a single HS program in this region that is consistently producing P5 talent? There is more D1 talent in a 30-40 mile radius of Pittsburgh than there is probably in all of NYS.
I don’t disagree. Yes, Pitt has more talent, but there is not a single school in NYS, the northeast or Mid-Atlantic powerhouse where SU has a significant enough presence to be in consideration for their players. We all know how our NYC and Buffalo recruiting has been. We’re a non-factor in CT, MA, NH. Do we even go to Philly, DC, or Pitt anymore?

Look at Pitt’s roster as an example. They have pipelines into top schools in Florida on top of their usual PA pipelines, the DMV, Jersey, Akron, and VA Beach area. Our roster is a hodgepodge of American diamonds from wherever we can find them. That’s resource intensive.

I don’t disagree. Yes, Pitt has more talent, but there is not a single school in NYS, the northeast or Mid-Atlantic powerhouse where SU has a significant enough presence to be in consideration for their players. We all know how our NYC and Buffalo recruiting has been. We’re a non-factor in CT, MA, NH. Do we even go to Philly, DC, or Pitt anymore?

Look at Pitt’s roster as an example. They have pipelines into top schools in Florida on top of their usual PA pipelines, the DMV, Jersey, Akron, and VA Beach area. Our roster is a hodgepodge of American diamonds from wherever we can find them. That’s resource intensive.
Pitt has simply been a lot better than Syracuse the past 15-20 years as well. Since 2003 Pitt has played in 15 bowl games and Syracuse 6. They have also never gone worse than 5-7 in that span. Big difference.

much easier product to sell and a big factor. Your resource intensive is another staff's survival. Quite honestly I don't care where the talent comes from just find it. I am of the mindset that the best path are Northeast/ Florida kids that we recruited out of high school that passed first time around and went to bigger schools that are now in the portal looking for playing time.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom