Dino Babers gave up. And that is absolutely inexcusable. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers gave up. And that is absolutely inexcusable.

Why did I waste 3 hours on a Saturday to watch that disaster when our HC doesn’t even finish the game?!

An absolute slap in the face to the fanbase and the players.

Officially on the fence now with DB.
The thing is I want to believe. But the offense is awful. There is nothing good about it. I am worried that we might get some de-commits. And the coaching was strange. Quite frankly, we had to go for it from mid field. Okay, reasonable people can disagree. We did get a quick 3 and out. But then, we really had to try a long field goal. If we make it, it puts pressure on Pitt. A turnover and they actually could lose the game. And then, to not use their time outs, I mean...wow.

Last edited:
I think he knew the ineptitude of this offense and did what he thought was best. Bottom line HE QUIT on his team. It is no excuse and doesn’t give these kids any confidence at all. I don’t think I have seen a coach do that before. I am anxious to hear his explanation if anyone has the balls to ale him.
The one reporter that would have asked was fired yesterday.

You're wrong. I don't care what message you want to send. If you're worried about injuries, why are you even playing the games then?

You don't quit.

I think you’re wrong. it’s a long season that’s why.

I honestly don’t know how anyone is defending his actions at the end of that game.

Absolutely inexcusable and unforgivable. He legit owes his team a major apology.

I am steaming about that. Did that seriously just happen? Holy shittballs, 2020 needs to come to an end.

Well, he’s the talking point after this game and he keeps the talk away from DeVito and the offense. We may not like it, but it’s another way to protect his players. Fans are not his first priority. His players are.

The thing is I want to believe. But the offense is awful. There is nothing good about it. I am worried that we might get some de-commits. And the coaching was strange. Quite frankly, we had to go for it from mid field. Okay, reasonable people can disagree. We did get a quick 3 and out. But then, we really had to try a long field goal. If we make it, it puts pressure on Pitt. A turnover and they actually lose the game. And then, to not use their time outs, I mean...wow.

Agreed 100% on this. Head-scratching galore.

Listen we had no chance to win that game. We scored 10 points the first 3 1/2 quarters but that’s not the point. It’s the perception that he gave up, the defense played their ass off and you gave up on the team. Terrible leadership and good way to lose the locker room even if everyone knows we aren’t going to win. You still don’t blow it in like that. It’s about respect towards your team and perception whether we have a chance to win or not. Bigggggg mistake by Babers and he’ll need to address it ASAP

I guess it’s just a “throwaway season”. Our coach essentially just said it doesn’t matter the outcome. Honestly not sure why I would even tune in next week.

I want to see the inside but I may turn it off after that.

No offense. Dino knows it. Dino just wants to go home.
[/QUOT

I wont be surprised if he just moves on after the year. Something is off you could see it today. The players didn't quit the coach did.

Maybe I should have taken the refund on my season tickets instead of sitting through and paying money to a program where the coach quits on his team.

Maybe we should quit on them. Smh
I’m asking myself that exact question.

Dino didn’t quit stop it. That’s nuts. That’s not the reason they lost. The offense sucks and calling the TO’s just prolongs the loss. Wind the clock, get out and go home, get nobody else hurt.

we just played 2 ranked teams to open the season. Regroup and open the Dome.

I have zero problem getting the game over.

LMFAO at Pitt being a ranked team. There's only like 39 P5 teams. Still laughing over this one.

You don’t watch the clock bleed with 3 TO’s in your pocket.
Injuries? Seriously?

You don’t quit. And his players will question it.

There’s a lot of questioning to go around. The players need to sack up to.

I guess it’s just a “throwaway season”. Our coach essentially just said it doesn’t matter the outcome. Honestly not sure why I would even tune in next week.
Honestly, there is only one reason to watch at this point. Because of Covid, there is nothing else to do. I will say this, if I find anything, I really mean anything, I am doing that and not watching. And for years, I skipped playing poker tournaments to watch this team. I mean the G-rob years. The Shafer years. To not use the time outs when yes, it was slim, but we still had a chance to win, is unacceptable to me. Others are free to disagree. But why play any games if you are afraid to get injuries. You try to get the ball back. Period. I'm not mad about it. I'm sad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom