Dino Babers statement | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers statement

Brent Axe won. Which angers me that Dino even bothered to address the delay.
I feel bad for locals who have to deal with attention monger’s show.
It's a powerful statement. I'm glad he said it.

And Axe is a talk show host who wrote an opinion piece on a hot button issue. (It's key to point out that Axe is a columnist, not a reporter. Important difference there. Attention-mongering is part of the job.)

It's a powerful statement. I'm glad he said it.

And Axe is a talk show host who wrote an opinion piece on a hot button issue. (It's key to point out that Axe is a columnist, not a reporter. Important difference there. Attention-mongering is part of the job.)
I wrote attention monger because I couldn’t swear.

I wrote attention monger because I couldn’t swear.

i don't think Dino buckled to any pressure. He took the time to do what he thought was right. We're lucky to have him. We all get emotional with the wins and losses but schools should lean into hiring good people who lead young men.

No matter how 2020 turns out, I'm glad the school i went to has hired this man.

Axe was meaningless here. Don't worry about that.

I think this was a well thought out and meaningful statement.

Proud to have this man as our head coach and one of the most important voices at my university and my community.

I hope everyone takes the time to read it and think about it.

he addressed the delay because some of his players were pissed off that he hadn't come out with any statement, it had nothing to do with that jackass Axe. Again, the man didn't "have" to make a statement, but when you coach football, which is comprised of many young African American men, you need to say something, unless you want to completely lose your team. This isn't political, this is a human rights issue, not a hard decision to make, just a matter of when he was ready and what he wanted to say. it's a powerful statement, and glad he put it out

he addressed the delay because some of his players were pissed off that he hadn't come out with any statement, it had nothing to do with that jackass Axe. Again, the man didn't "have" to make a statement, but when you coach football, which is comprised of many young African American men, you need to say something, unless you want to completely lose your team. This isn't political, this is a human rights issue, not a hard decision to make, just a matter of when he was ready and what he wanted to say. it's a powerful statement, and glad he put it out
I am not upset at Dino one iota. His statement is tremendous. I hate the fact the media hack in this town had to publish something and not let Dino do his thing.

Couldn’t agree more with everyone’s statement above. Powerful words from someone I feel as a huge father figure to his players. He’s a true leader, someone who understands important issues and responds accordingly.

He should be given more time to compete and build a consistent winner. We need consistency at our coaching ranks and then grow thru them.

i don't think Dino buckled to any pressure. He took the time to do what he thought was right. We're lucky to have him. We all get emotional with the wins and losses but schools should lean into hiring good people who lead young men.

No matter how 2020 turns out, I'm glad the school i went to has hired this man.

I'm glad you've come around.

If you're going to speak, speak well and with personal conviction. I knew if he shared, it would be this.

I am not upset at Dino one iota. His statement is tremendous. I hate the fact the media hack in this town had to publish something and not let Dino do his thing.

sorry, didn't mean to imply you were at all , and I agree that Axe is a tool. I was just addressing the part where Dino apologized for the delay, i think that was mostly due to players on the team who were not happy with him staying silent as opposed to pressure from the Axehole article

Dino is so much more than football wins and losses to this university. He conducts himself —and his football program — with dignity and class unparalleled in my time following college sports. And it’s not easily done. It takes unwavering commitment to principles despite external pressure to win at all costs. This statement is powerful. We all need to take it to heart.

Axe is trying to do his job by creating content, it's hard to fault him for that. I agree with others who pointed that he is not a reporter. He is certainly not a social activist or influencer of public opinion. His "H0T Takes" are often rehashed commentary on what others have already written about.

Regardless, Dino's statement was heartfelt, personalized, and, equally important, needed. He is the face of SU football. Well done, Dino.

Axe didn't win. The Orange family won. The coach put out a winning, wonderful statement. So did our basketball coach. Axe did his job as a columnist. He wrote a topic that was on all of our minds and tied it to one of the two faces of the university and wondered when we would hear from Coach Babers. You have a anti-media agenda. That;s fine. Both men in this case, did and said what they thought was the correct thing. I have no problem with either. Let me ask you this..are we better off now after this statement than we were before it? I think the answer is a resounding yes.

So proud that Dino is our coach what a powerful statement. Dino is a well-respected individual and I couldn't think of another person that I would want to lead our football programs. I know we all go through the weekly grind of wins and losses and we all want to win but at the end of the day, I can't think of a better person to represent our university and to lead our young men. I hope he is around for a very long time.

If he didn't say anything about defunding the police, it's not good enough for me and he clearly doesn't get it.
Just kidding. Fantastic statement. I'm happy he waited till he was ready.

Beautiful words. It's sad and pathetic that there are so few black head coaches. But I'm glad that Dino is here and leading our program at such a pivotal time. The young men he coaches will learn far more about life through his experiences and hopefully come out the other side better men and leaders. We need this generation to help fix a lot of wrongs.

I'm glad you've come around.

If you're going to speak, speak well and with personal conviction. I knew if he shared, it would be this.

It was always the football not the man with me. He's a good person making young men better people. We'll have time to complain about football again and decision making (it's fun being irrational occasionally about stupid stuff like sports) but this man is a leader and a teacher. Which really is the point at end of day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom