Dino Babers: "We're Going To Surprise Some People" | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers: "We're Going To Surprise Some People"

Cuseroc

Walk On
Babers has high expectations for Syracuse but he has been very careful about expectations his first year. So I was surprised to see him utter those words so matter of factly in the following video from TheACC.com site.
This tells me that he thinks SU currently has the talent to run his offense, first year. Really exited for the upcoming season. Even moreso after hearing that sentence from Babers. Dungey will be a beast.

Dino Babers: Embracing Syracuse's Past Success To Accomplish Greatness | ACC Videos

surprise-birthday.gif

I love Dino. The guy actually has a record to have faith in. I could 6-6 or 7-5 this year.
If we beat Colgate/UConn/USF/Wake/NC State/Boston College and we will be competitive with Virginia Tech/Pitt/Louisville.

just make a bowl. get the extra practice. continue the process.
This. But this year's schedule is pretty difficult. Four of our winnable games are on the road -- UConn, Wake, BC, Pitt.

Sooooo fired up. Never want to wish the summer away but cant wait for the gate for the 'gate!!! I have thought for the past few years that we had better talent than our record displayed. And yup, dino , i believe, has been playing coy about the talent he inherented and the way they caught on to the basis of his system in weeks.

Babers has high expectations for Syracuse but he has been very careful about expectations his first year. So I was surprised to see him utter those words so matter of factly in the following video from TheACC.com site.
This tells me that he thinks SU currently has the talent to run his offense, first year. Really exited for the upcoming season. Even moreso after hearing that sentence from Babers. Dungey will be a beast.

Dino Babers: Embracing Syracuse's Past Success To Accomplish Greatness | ACC Videos
Maybe he saw something in spring ball and summer workouts that has him more encouraged than he was when he took the position? I love the attitude though.

They will surprise me if they win more than four games. I don't mean that as a knock on our talent, we've just seen enough bumps from installing new systems for me to get too excited. Also, got really pumped for last year and our record just flat out hurt. Want Babers and crew to prove me wrong. I'll be rooting regardless.

OrangeTarheel said:
They will surprise me if they win more than four games. I don't mean that as a knock on our talent, we've just seen enough bumps from installing new systems for me to get too excited. Also, got really pumped for last year and our record just flat out hurt. Want Babers and crew to prove me wrong. I'll be rooting regardless.

That is understandable, but I am choosing to be more optimistic. I agree with others that think Coach Babers has been pleasantly surprised, and found that this group of players is learning the offense faster than he has encountered in the past. The reason I believe this is the group of skill players, led by Dungey, are smart and talented, and have experience having to learn new systems. I think we are ahead of schedule and this will be a bowl team this year.

Last years' record was tough to swallow. But, as tough as that was, that team was still less than a minute of game time away from bowl eligibility.

Yes, it takes time to fully implement things. I'm still expecting improvement in certain areas this year, two specifically.

Offensive Production
Increased W total

Dino was brought in to do a job, I've got faith he'll do it.

I don't know how he'll surprise me when I expect a BCS championship.

If he can cure world hunger or defeat ISIS amidst achieving that, I applaud it.

My mind will never not struggle to comprehend the size of some things living in the water. Humpback whales are the size of like.. 3 elephants no?

I'ma go youtube Blue Whales now.

that's why the ocean should be banned.

Babers started fast in each of his past gigs, with inherited talent -- why not at SU?

SU had nothing at QB (no experience) in 2014 or 2015, after Hunt went down. Had to play QBs who had not played a down at this level.

In contrast, SU now has back every single skill player who contributed in 2015, including its most promising QB since Nassib, its best set of receivers since 2012, its best young RB in years (Fredericks) and a second RB (Strickland) who is better than Fredericks.

Of course we are going to surprise people.

I would say he has been surprised by the team that is here is an accurate statement. I think he has found more athletes than he thought he would. I think he found more kids willing to buy in completly to what he wanted to do. I think he found a lot of kids putting in extra work after hours and studying new plays. I think he found a lot of kids who cAn play multiply positions. And I think he found a lot of kids have been able to physically transform their bodies in a short time to fit the body type he needs to run what he wants. I think he is more optimistic than he was prespring

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom