Dino Babers: "We're Going To Surprise Some People" | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers: "We're Going To Surprise Some People"

And coverage schemes/concepts/coaching? Youth and lack of experience was a major factor, but far from the only factor, IMO.
Thats why I said a lot of it. Meaning some of it was due to other things. Youth and experience will hurt any team. Coaching does too. Ive seen Saban and Meyer make bad calls during games.

Reactions: 007
There's definitely more talent on the roster than the staff thought. I think a lot of people made good points. In adding my piece I will say that the defense will have some sets backs and they will also show some promise, making timely plays to win games for us. Its the opposite of Shafer's scheme. He wanted to force the issue and make teams make quick decisions. Ward's scheme is about making teams play patient. Just keep in mind that the entire starting defense comes back in 2017. Thats when the defense will really excel. Hopefully that will make everyone feel a little better.
Could have been interesting to see Babers' offense against Shafer's defense.

Could have been interesting to see Babers' offense against Shafer's defense.
Yeah it would be a chest match. Against Shafer better defenses I would give the edge to Babers. Baylor scheme has proven to be unstoppable. The teams that runs this system rack up yards no matter who they play. Babers offense get rid of the ball quick so attacking them wouldnt be all that effective. Shafer would stop his run but would give up big plays in the secondary.

money3189 said:
Yeah it would be a chest match. Against Shafer better defenses I would give the edge to Babers. Baylor scheme has proven to be unstoppable. The teams that runs this system rack up yards no matter who they play. Babers offense get rid of the ball quick so attacking them wouldnt be all that effective. Shafer would stop his run but would give up big plays in the secondary.

This.

Throw in the tempo too.

This should have been a six win team last year, it's one of the reasons Shafer was let go.

This program is in much better shape than 2009, and Marrone won four games in his first year.

They get DE figured out, six to eight wins is my expectation.

Sounds about right. Marrone won 2 at home that year (nearly 3 at home) that no one expected him to. If Babers can do the same (perhaps 5-1 in the Dome?), then he could really start out this era with a bang.

I hope we can get early magic with that Louisville game. Such a great opportunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom