Dino can't recruit QBs. The OL OL OL crowd is on meth. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dino can't recruit QBs. The OL OL OL crowd is on meth.

Well, I agree that we 100% should go offense. But from pretty good sources, we are looking at 2 dc's and one of them, is to be frank, ridiculously a bad choice. He doesn't recruit.
Come on now look at what happened last time we hired a DC (Shafer) and that was such a great choice.

Let me just say, that I wouldn't call White a ridiculously bad choice. Just a bad choice because I want offense.
If white hires someone who can implement a passing game and recruit it’s fine. If he wants meathead ball Wildhack should leave with Dino.

Devito was the passer. He failed.

Shrader and Wilson are the complete opposite. Babers has already done it.
yeah, devito is why it can't just be recruiting. with limited money, we need to spend it on a head coach who can make qbs better. every year it's different guys trying to fix qbs

Hard pass on getting season tickets if that’s the course of action. Our athletic department has had zero clue about football for 20 years.
I’m with ya. I want fast paced and scoring. The funny thing is under Dino the defense has been our best unit. Offense has been inept for years. We have a Dome for Pete’s sake, let’s use it.

I really don’t see anyone being successful here anymore unless they come in with some serious juice. Defensive guy, offensive guy, gold jacket, green jacket at this point.

If white hires someone who can implement a passing game and recruit it’s fine. If he wants meathead ball Wildhack should leave with Dino.
we will get meathead ball because all the giants fans aren't going to do the supposed gimmick stuff twice in a row

We need money to buy good players in todays world ...instead of building facilities buy players with the money!!!

Bizarre that Babers hitched his wagon to a running QB who couldn’t pass. The guy is completely broken.
devito was so terrible for this roster (guy who just eats the ball and won't take chances) he had no choice

it's weird that it's eight years but the whole thing was defined by a swing and miss on a guy that was a good recruit

There are X's and O's coaches, and technical development coaches. XO guys love XO coaches. They fall flat on their backsides if positional coaches aren't technical development guys...

Gimme an oline coach - that isn't afraid of air raid, spread, whatever. Just well coached lines. XO's means nothing without well coached lines- and incorporating that into the scheme.

This is frustrating.

I think the air raid will get you the QB's and receivers you need. I also think a lot of OL will follow. Most OL would rather pass block than run block. They also like blocking for the good QB's so there's that too.

devito was so terrible for this roster (guy who just eats the ball and won't take chances) he had no choice

it's weird that it's eight years but the whole thing was defined by a swing and miss on a guy that was a good recruit
Pocket passer. Earning an active roster NFL paycheck.

We didnt care about a pocket... Tempo and scramble.

I'm that weirdo that thinks a coach should adapt to his talent - and not force square pegs into round holes. If you want to blame the square peg, that's cool.

Pocket passer. Earning an active roster NFL paycheck.

We didnt care about a pocket... Tempo and scramble.

I'm that weirdo that thinks a coach should adapt to his talent - and not force square pegs into round holes. If you want to blame the square peg, that's cool.
good luck adapting to a guy that won't throw the ball. i don't care if he makes a practice squad and a bunch of guys get hurt

Most OL would rather pass block than run block.

That's an absurd statement. Pass blocking is offensive guys playing defense. They are bigger. They are stronger. Almost 100% want to fire off and destroy the guy in front of them - RUN block. Most prefer a power run scheme over ZBS. Mano a mano...

Pass blocking can let a weak arse puke get the best of you.

Air raid sounds nice until you can’t recruit the players to execute it. But I’ll say this, I don’t know what the heck we can run at this point. Tough spot.

good luck adapting to a guy that won't throw the ball. i don't care if he makes a practice squad and a bunch of guys get hurt
That's fair.

And to expect a pocket passer to excel with a line that didn't care about blitz pickup seems kinda crazy...

To keep sending guys deep in that situation? Where only Triston Jackson (also earning an NFL paycheck)could get separation? Also seems self defeating.

Dino hasn’t recruited a very good QB in TWELVE YEARS of being a head coach.

Not a single, solitary one.
Sorry man. Devito is on an active NFL roster, after he lost his Cuse job and went elsewhere. He's certainly lucky, but thats a fact.

I think Babers is a decent recruiter.