Dino can't recruit QBs. The OL OL OL crowd is on meth. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Dino can't recruit QBs. The OL OL OL crowd is on meth.

Devito scared off all the recruits and then hit beat out by a guy who couldn't throw with too much eligibility left

So devito's failure gave us two years of shrader

He had to go to shrader, no choice

I have been saying shrader is bad forever and got ripped for it. How do fans react over dino bringing in a transfer and running him off the team

Devito learns how to throw the ball before 69 Mississippi and everything might be different
Look man, the QB room has never been deeper. I read it here.

Look at the last itme we hired an Offensive coach! Besides, Shafer recruited better, won a bowl game and if Terrel Hunt doesn't go down he might still be here with Dungey following him. Would have had a better record than Dino the last 8 years. HCSS recruited Eric Dungey, Ervin Phillips, Brisly Estime, Jamal Custis, Steve Ishmael, Zaire Franklin, Donate Strickland, Jordan Fredericks, Aaron Roberts, Chris Slayton and others.
Everybody gave Dino a pass becasue of injuries but nobody gave HCSS one and his were at least as bad as Dino's. Time to quit bashing HCSS and realize Dino's only good year was with Shafer's players.
I'll agree with you that he had some great recruits. To me he just was a great in game manager like Dino. I still remember him leaving Dungey in the Louisville game when they were getting crushed and Dungey took a really bad hit. His explanation was he thought they had a chance to come back.

A retread will do nothing for fan excitement.

If he recruits and wins.

There isn't a man alive out there that will take this job that will get "fans excited." It's all show - me. Which is fine.

If he recruits and wins.

There isn't a man alive out there that will take this job that will get "fans excited." It's all show - me. Which is fine.
Sure. I just have a difficult time believing someone who won more than 7 games once in 5 years at Miami with offenses that struggled scoring could win here.

But on this note I don't understand the NIL OL people that think we'll be able to get five high level OL at the same time that just happen to play the right positions, as a premier OL destination given no track record or history of success with the position, instead of being able to get one decent passing QB.

I’m pretty sure I’ve followed “Dino” with “is lousy” at least 500 times on this board since late 2021.
Lol that might be your version of my "we didn't cheat enough" statement.

But on this note I don't understand the NIL OL people that think we'll be able to get five high level OL at the same time that just happen to play the right positions, as a premier OL destination given no track record or history of success with the position, instead of being able to get one decent passing QB.
I bet we have enough raw material to piece together a slightly below average OL. That’d be good enough if we had a dynamic QB and a few WRs who could actually catch.

None of that is possible given the current staff. Because they suck eggs.

Giants fans think passing offenses are mark rypien seven step drops standing behind the hogs throwing bombs to hall of fame wr

Throwing is a luxury when you put everything else together

Last edited:
I bet we have enough raw material to piece together a slightly below average OL. That’d be good enough if we had a dynamic QB and a few WRs who could actually catch.

None of that is possible given the current staff. Because they suck eggs.
Jones looked decent the first few games. Donovan Brown looked promising and has fallen off a cliff.

There was a trajectory there that just stopped.

Giants fans think passing offenses are mark rypien seven step drops standing behind the hogs throwing bombs to hall of fake wr

Throwing is a luxury when you put everything else together
You forget they also like throwing to the tight end, but yes.

Jones looked decent the first few games. Donovan Brown looked promising and has fallen off a cliff.

There was a trajectory there that just stopped.
Jones weighs 14 pounds. He’s just not durable enough for this level of football and it’s obvious.

Maybe if you combined Kalan Ellis and him and divided by two you’d have two succesful players at appropriate playing weight. But instead you have two supposed to be starters that are physically capable of lasting a season.

Well that’s because it’s a fantasy way of looking at the portal. If you want a good OL you need to hire an OL coach with some chops. We haven’t had a really high end OL coaching pool since we had Greg Adkins coupled with Marrone.

Jones weighs 14 pounds. He’s just not durable enough for this level of football and it’s obvious.
I think you're confusing Hatcher and Jones.

Look, Hatcher's asked to do more than he's capable of right now, but there is something there. He's the one guy this season that other than one game has consistently been involved in the passing game somewhat.

Jones had a good first two games and has disappeared.

I think you're confusing Hatcher and Jones.

Look, Hatcher's asked to do more than he's capable of right now, but there is something there. He's the one guy this season that other than one game has consistently been involved in the passing game somewhat.

Jones had a good first two games and has disappeared.
No I’m not. Jones got injured, again. Same thing as last season.

Al Golden, I think. Which makes sense.
His career record is 59-59 and 0-3 on bowl games. He couldn’t win at Miami. How do you think he can win at SU? He would be an absolutely horrible hire. White would not be much better. Wildhack is not serious about winning if he hires either of these guys. Diaz couldn’t win at Miami either. Wildhack is once again thinking old school.