Dino creates doubt | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dino creates doubt

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
I expect to win one of the last two, if not both. Not orange glasses hope, not blind optimism, but full expectation. We’ve been in every single game all season and frankly should already be bowl eligible. I don’t know what today was, but it’s not anything like the rest of this year. And if we don’t win one, then losing the last 3 is simply a massive failure.

Get back home. Get on the practice field. Work hard this week, and execute next weekend.

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
Sure did. But BC is very bad and we had 0 points and less than 120 yards of offense at halftime. We ripped off a 51 yard TD run, a 48 yard TD run and a 60 something yard punt return in the 3rd quarter. BC’s offense was horrendous and they repeatedly missed wide open WRs deep behind our secondary. Shrader threw for 60 yards.
Football is a 60 minute game.

DMDMD

unencumbered by the thought process
Football is a 60 minute game.
Not saying those don’t count or weren’t great plays that were made by excellent runners, just that the turd the offense dropped today can’t be a complete surprise. The same limitations that sunk us today were on full display against BC.

PhatOrange

Living Legend
I had a feeling we’d get crushed today. I was consistent saying Louisville was a bad matchup for us. That said, if Dino was telling the truth about the team battling the flu for the last two weeks I’m not sure what to make of it. It definitely wasn’t the same team today that we’ve seen all year.

tbonezone

Living Legend
it's one thing to get beat with dignity . it's quite another to have to ...

Screen-Shot-2016-10-17-at-9.15.05-AM-595x358.jpg

Killdozer

Starter
As you all know I am not a Dino fan as a head coach. I think he has a great personality and represents the university well in that aspect. I have been saying that he has not shown anything as a head coach since he has been here. The 2018 season we all know, was a combination of Dungey and Lewis's coaching. I've never said I wanted him fired but just wanted SU to win no matter whom the coach is running the show. I just don't understand why I always get blasted by posters here when I point out all his flaws. So many are just so infatuated with his great personality that they overlook all of the flaws.

syrBossHogg

Hall of Fame
As you all know I am not a Dino fan as a head coach. I think he has a great personality and represents the university well in that aspect. I have been saying that he has not shown anything as a head coach since he has been here. The 2018 season we all know, was a combination of Dungey and Lewis's coaching. I've never said I wanted him fired but just wanted SU to win no matter whom the coach is running the show. I just don't understand why I always get blasted by posters here when I point out all his flaws. So many are just so infatuated with his great personality that they overlook all of the flaws.

Lewis wasn’t here in 2018

Regardless, the offensive playcalling hasn't been that great outside of the early seasons, which was helped by Dungey's play

P Vasiloff

Murcerfan
Yeah, I don't get having those guys in late, with no upside and potentially disastrous downside. How does that even happen?
Isn't that one of the reasons that Shafer got canned was because he left Dungey in late in an unwinnable game and he got hurt. I was stupified that Tucker and Shrader were still in there with the score 41-3 with two games left on the schedule and a bowl game still a chance. What was Babers thinking???????

P Vasiloff

Murcerfan
I expect to win one of the last two, if not both. Not orange glasses hope, not blind optimism, but full expectation. We’ve been in every single game all season and frankly should already be bowl eligible. I don’t know what today was, but it’s not anything like the rest of this year. And if we don’t win one, then losing the last 3 is simply a massive failure.

Get back home. Get on the practice field. Work hard this week, and execute next weekend.
Today was a Babers Syracuse team coming off a bye week. Listless, carefree, undisciplined and flatter than a pancake.

OrangeDW

Living Legend

So the credit goes to the QB/OC when the team is good….shouldn’t the blame go to the QB/OC when the team is bad?

Gotta use consistent logic.

RobVTX

Walk On
Today was a Babers Syracuse team coming off a bye week. Listless, carefree, undisciplined and flatter than a pancake.
Agree. IMHO, To come off a bye week, playing probably the most important game of the year. Whether it's for your job or getting bowl eligble. To play your worst game of the year is inexcusable. Time to move on.

Killdozer

Starter
So the credit goes to the QB/OC when the team is good….shouldn’t the blame go to the QB/OC when the team is bad?

Who cares, the bottom line is Dino is not the guy no matter how much you and the others try to paint a different picture by belittling other opinions.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Who cares, the bottom line is Dino is not the guy no matter how much you and the others try to paint a different picture by belittling other opinions.
I didn’t belittle anything, I just said “gotta use consistent logic.”

David127

Starter
I’ve seen it go both ways; those who want to get rid of Dino can and are at times equally belittling (though I wouldn’t use that word) with their takes. Let’s face it, we’re all salty right now.

orangecuse

All American

When a company doesn’t perform, it’s the leadership, or lack thereof, at the top that ultimately takes the fall. As that that good ‘ol tune goes…’That’s just the way it is.’

David127

Starter
When a company doesn’t perform, it’s the leadership, or lack thereof, at the top that ultimately takes the fall. As that that good ‘ol tune goes…”That’s just the way it is.”
Unless it’s GE, then they just make millions and split the company up.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
When a company doesn’t perform, it’s the leadership, or lack thereof, at the top that ultimately takes the fall. As that that good ‘ol tune goes…’That’s just the way it is.’
Fine. He at least gets proper credit for 2018 though.

orangecuse

All American
Unless it’s GE, then they just make millions and split the company up.

GE is splitting the company up because of its huge losses, loss of market share, etc. It’s their only way of survival long term, they lost their way as a conglomerate.

David127

Starter
GE is splitting the company up because of its huge losses, loss of market share, etc. It’s their only way of survival long term, they lost their way as a conglomerate.
Massive mismanagement and those responsible have golden parachutes. They’re not being held responsible. I should know, I worked there for 10 years and just recently left.

kcsu

Living Legend
I think the worst thing about Dino is that there never seems to be any accountability whatsoever. Never holding himself accountable, never holding his players accountable in-game. You saw him on the sidelines today! He's just standing there, arms folded, occasionally talking into the headset. The announcers were fooled by the ruse, they were calling him "stoic" and looking at his demeanor as a positive. When you're down three scores in the first quarter and staring down the barrel of an extremely poor day of football, and your head coach's body language screams "meh, whatever", that is no positive. You prepare your players poorly, and then just sit there and are like "well, it is what it is", that's a bad sign. I really wish that he had a tenth of the emotion that resides in Coach O's left pinky. Furthermore, his soundbite with Matt Park after the game was dreadful.

"When you give them time off to heal, sometimes the mind wanders. And the mind is the thing that you have to beat in situations like this."

THAT'S your response to getting your dinner handed to you by a, by all accounts, mediocre L'ville team?!?! Throwing your team under the bus because their minds weren't solely focused on football during the bye week?!?! Embarrassing. Totally embarrassing that this was the product of two weeks of prep today. Two weeks to show the country that we're still Dino Baber's Syracuse, led by a man who, representing a fanbase that is sick of getting dragged through the mud by the nat'l media and by its own personnel, sings kumbaya and represents the total ineptitude of the program he's built under his regime.

I get that we're 5-5. There's been a lot of positives about this season. But the head-scratching continues and the ineptitude follows. To say that I'm frustrated would be an understatement. I'm downright pissed off.
He doesn’t care. Hes just playing the string.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRZCoachT

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom