Dino creates doubt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dino creates doubt

I think we'll hear...

1) well hats off to coach satterfield and his team...
2) I/we didn't envision that the Ohana would come down here and play like this...

So what are we left with?
I remember early in the season, all these 6th year seniors talking about how 1-10 left a bad taste
in their mouth and this year was going to be different.
OK... I believe...time to show us the evidence.

Are we getting off the dino train or getting on the fire dino train? or are we switching trains? I think we need a common nomenclature or things could get confusing.
Two different trains. Same outcome.

I think the worst thing about Dino is that there never seems to be any accountability whatsoever. Never holding himself accountable, never holding his players accountable in-game. You saw him on the sidelines today! He's just standing there, arms folded, occasionally talking into the headset. The announcers were fooled by the ruse, they were calling him "stoic" and looking at his demeanor as a positive. When you're down three scores in the first quarter and staring down the barrel of an extremely poor day of football, and your head coach's body language screams "meh, whatever", that is no positive. You prepare your players poorly, and then just sit there and are like "well, it is what it is", that's a bad sign. I really wish that he had a tenth of the emotion that resides in Coach O's left pinky. Furthermore, his soundbite with Matt Park after the game was dreadful.

"When you give them time off to heal, sometimes the mind wanders. And the mind is the thing that you have to beat in situations like this."

THAT'S your response to getting your dinner handed to you by a, by all accounts, mediocre L'ville team?!?! Throwing your team under the bus because their minds weren't solely focused on football during the bye week?!?! Embarrassing. Totally embarrassing that this was the product of two weeks of prep today. Two weeks to show the country that we're still Dino Baber's Syracuse, led by a man who, representing a fanbase that is sick of getting dragged through the mud by the nat'l media and by its own personnel, sings kumbaya and represents the total ineptitude of the program he's built under his regime.

I get that we're 5-5. There's been a lot of positives about this season. But the head-scratching continues and the ineptitude follows. To say that I'm frustrated would be an understatement. I'm downright pissed off.

I think the worst thing about Dino is that there never seems to be any accountability whatsoever. Never holding himself accountable, never holding his players accountable in-game. You saw him on the sidelines today! He's just standing there, arms folded, occasionally talking into the headset. The announcers were fooled by the ruse, they were calling him "stoic" and looking at his demeanor as a positive. When you're down three scores in the first quarter and staring down the barrel of an extremely poor day of football, and your head coach's body language screams "meh, whatever", that is no positive. You prepare your players poorly, and then just sit there and are like "well, it is what it is", that's a bad sign. I really wish that he had a tenth of the emotion that resides in Coach O's left pinky. Furthermore, his soundbite with Matt Park after the game was dreadful.

"When you give them time off to heal, sometimes the mind wanders. And the mind is the thing that you have to beat in situations like this."

THAT'S your response to getting your dinner handed to you by a, by all accounts, mediocre L'ville team?!?! Throwing your team under the bus because their minds weren't solely focused on football during the bye week?!?! Embarrassing. Totally embarrassing that this was the product of two weeks of prep today. Two weeks to show the country that we're still Dino Baber's Syracuse, led by a man who, representing a fanbase that is sick of getting dragged through the mud by the nat'l media and by its own personnel, sings kumbaya and represents the total ineptitude of the program he's built under his regime.

I get that we're 5-5. There's been a lot of positives about this season. But the head-scratching continues and the ineptitude follows. To say that I'm frustrated would be an understatement. I'm downright pissed off.
It is the HC's job to keep the team focused. Dino's attitude toward it tells a lot. The team lacks focus and discipline. That is why we have penalties and the mess on STs. I think we have like 5 procedure penalties on punts this year. I bet most teams have zero. But hey stuff happens right?

Well stated.

It is the HC's job to keep the team focused. Dino's attitude toward it tells a lot. The team lacks focus and discipline. That is why we have penalties and the mess on STs. I think we have like 5 procedure penalties on punts this year. I bet most teams have zero. But hey stuff happens right?
This is my point. We false start coming out of a timeout for the southousandth time this year, and where is Mike Schmidt? Where is Dino giving his hogs hell?! You'd be hard pressed to find a Power 5 head coach who wouldn't be screaming bullets at his players for making some of the mistakes we've made this year, or for giving up some of the plays we've given up this year. All you have to do is look at this clip looking at Nick Saban screaming at his line after a false start right before half a few years back.

What it comes down to is CULTURE and Dino's laiseez-faire La Familia approach might be great at nurturing his players and their confidences, but what it fails to do is create accountability between the white lines.

It should come as little surprise that without establishing a passing game, someone was going to shut down our run game. The surprise is how poorly the defense played. It's clear we have a ways to go.
I don't know - the D has played like crap in a number of games today (VT, WF, FSU and today come to mind).

This is my point. We false start coming out of a timeout for the southousandth time this year, and where is Mike Schmidt? Where is Dino giving his hogs hell?! You'd be hard pressed to find a Power 5 head coach who wouldn't be screaming bullets at his players for making some of the mistakes we've made this year, or for giving up some of the plays we've given up this year. All you have to do is look at this clip looking at Nick Saban screaming at his line after a false start right before half a few years back.

What it comes down to is CULTURE and Dino's laiseez-faire La Familia approach might be great at nurturing his players and their confidences, but what it fails to do is create accountability between the white lines.
With kids these days it is hard to be a hard nosed HC. But you need someone on the staff that fires the team up or gets in their faces. A bad cop if you will. The team has no fire since Dungey left.

If you want to be pessimistic, we were a few big runs, a punt return and a QB completely unable to hit wide open WRs running behind our secondary from seeing this happen against a bad BC team.

I left a hockey rink about 70 miles away from home right at noon, after my son’s game ended. Put the game on the radio… and turned it off for good when it got to 21-3.

Having that kind of performance after a bye, against a totally mediocre opponent, really reinforces that Dino is a wildly inconsistent coach, and the team has the narrowest of margins for success.

I’ve seen many a very good coach, and several great coaches. Dino isn’t either of those. Maybe he’ll pull an upset and get bowl eligible. Who knows?

Our schedule really set us up nicely this year. There are no good teams and of the 10 teams with a pulse we had 6 at home. Think about that. No team is head and shoulders above us. We had 6 at home and only 4 on the road. At worst wouldn't you expect at least 5-5? While 4-6 is a disappointment it still gets you to 6-6 overall with the 2 cupcake Ws. We need to win one of the next 2 games just to get to that 4-6 and it is against the 2 best teams on our schedule.

I was 95% on the "fire dino" train after the surrender punt against Rutgers. Then he made the necessary changes, resurrected some semblance of an offense and I was good with him again. Now, the last 2 games the offense has been figured out and done basically nothing. Can he adjust twice in 1 season?
BC?

Didn’t Tucker rush for 200 yards?

Ugly loss.
I dunno about y'all but going into this match up I was excited and thinking about the last two wins, a bye week for rest and healing, that Dino was dancing with his players getting them all hyped up and acting all crazy and ….well, what I saw was a team and a coach that looked horribly lost and confused.
Where was the hunger, the emotion and that momentum that we all felt?

BC?

Didn’t Tucker rush for 200 yards?
Sure did. But BC is very bad and we had 0 points and less than 120 yards of offense at halftime. We ripped off a 51 yard TD run, a 48 yard TD run and a 60 something yard punt return in the 3rd quarter. BC’s offense was horrendous and they repeatedly missed wide open WRs deep behind our secondary. Shrader threw for 60 yards.

I’m disgusted by this pathetic performance today and sick and f’n tired of being an embarrassment.
But the truth is Dino ain’t going anywhere. SU will never spend the money to continue paying Dino the biggest FBHC contract ever and then pay a new guy even more.
It will never happen. Never. Ever. If we went 1-10 again it was maybe an outside possibility but we improved by 4 Wins this year so Dino comes back.
End of story.

My honest question is what does Dino do well as a coach besides losing football games?

Just a weird coach.

He and the staff for the most part this season did a great job getting the team ready to compete.

So we get a little momentum in conference, have a bye week, we're thinking "this is good, we've got time prepare, guys get a break from taking some hits, we just need one more win for a bowl... we can do this."

And then we get that.

And if that wasn't bad enough he has the starting QB and RB that are basically the difference between him and Shafer in for the last possession when the game is decided and nothing good can happen.
Yeah, I don't get having those guys in late, with no upside and potentially disastrous downside. How does that even happen?

Saban lost his mind today when a player lined up offsides up 56-3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom