Dino is in a good spot | Syracusefan.com

Dino is in a good spot

Crusty

Living Legend
If we beat Army and lose the next 3 (not predicting that) we would be 4-3 with 5 winnable games remaining.
I particularly like our chances against BC, Pitt and VPI.

Dino has an excellent chance of finishing 7-5 to 8-4 with a decent bowl.

In any of those scenarios he gets extended by year end.

Might as well just sit GS vs FSU and let CDRW be the sacrificial lamb. Or at least start incorporating CDRW on designed runs to take some heat off Stallone.

If we keep QB1 healthy.

If not, all bets are off.
Shrader is absolutely the straw that stirs the drink when we talk about having a special (ie 9 or 10 win) season.

Based on what I've seen of our defense and how hapless some of our conference foes are, I feel very confident that if Shrader needs a breather we could win our matchups with Virginia Tech, BC, and Wake with CD-RW.

Shrader is absolutely the straw that stirs the drink when we talk about having a special (ie 9 or 10 win) season.

Based on what I've seen of our defense and how hapless some of our conference foes are, I feel very confident that if Shrader needs a breather we could win our matchups with Virginia Tech, BC, and Wake with CD-RW.
I am really nowhere on CDRW. Posters whose opinions I respect are high on him and he did beat out Lamson who lppked good but he has been uneven in games.No doubt he has a rifle.

I am really nowhere on CDRW. Posters whose opinions I respect are high on him and he did beat out Lamson who lppked good but he has been uneven in games.No doubt he has a rifle.
I'm a believer.

No one looks unbeatable after FSU’s game against BC this weekend. A number of FSU players were hobbling after that one, left me wondering if Clemson doesn’t take advantage of that this coming weekend setting us up for a wild matchup on the 30th THAT I WILL MISS DUE TO AN EVENT I PLANNED A YEAR AGO ARRRRGGGGHHH

10-2, losses at UNC and FSU. The rest we will be favored. I think we’re competitive in every game of that 3 game stretch.
I’m hopeful, but I’m not falling for this.

We are 3-0 and should be. But Dino has only done well once after mid-October in seven seasons.

I’m feeling 8-4 and would be happy to get that.

This was a stupid idea that was brought up last year and it’s a stupid idea this year
What’s your plan to keep GS healthy Nostradamus?

Yeah maybe its the crazy eyes but I haven't really liked his production when he has played.

Accuracy > Timing > Arm Strength

CDRW has great arm strength, average accuracy and pretty bad timing. Good news is that reps CAN fix those two things. But lets get through this season and fix is in the off season.

don’t bother putting your team on the plane.
I’d be ok making an excuse and saying too many players caught Covid and they have to forfeit. You don’t build a program by getting your best players killed in a game we have slim-to-none odds.

When we’re consistently top 25 then we don’t have to debate this.

Might as well just sit GS vs FSU and let CDRW be the sacrificial lamb. Or at least start incorporating CDRW on designed runs to take some heat off Stallone.
they beat BC 2

Yeah maybe its the crazy eyes but I haven't really liked his production when he has played.

Accuracy > Timing > Arm Strength

CDRW has great arm strength, average accuracy and pretty bad timing. Good news is that reps CAN fix those two things. But lets get through this season and fix is in the off season.

IMO we need a running QB and he doesn't seem to fit the mold. First half last night had the WRs caught the ball, we could have gotten away with a non running QB. 2nd half we get shutout without one. I don't think this O works without one. Even Armstrong at UVA was a threat to run.

Man, this is a slippery slope for me because last season is still very fresh in my mind. We've been so unlucky with injuries at the most critical positions that I'm not going to be comfortable looking further ahead then one game at a time. We have the potential to be very good and we should. I just can't get myself too hyped because the emotional fall if things turn sour is real.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom