Dino is in a good spot | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dino is in a good spot

I’m not sure where this comment goes, so I’m just going to drop it in this thread.

I miss the way college football used to feel. Waking up this morning, with my team sitting at 4-0, I would be ecstatic at the prospect of a big season, and possibly a New Year’s Bowl game. A NC game was always a possibility, but even short of that, a season could be a great success.

Now we have players who will sit out bowl games, not to mention 80 teams make bowl games, including the Charmin Toilet bowl in Detroit. Teams are jumping from one conference to another, players are jumping from one team to another - even within the same conference - and success is measured by whether or not your team made the playoff. Which appears to be slanted toward the same teams every year. (Not that the poll system didn’t too.)

I guess I’m saying 4-0 doesn’t feel like 4-0 used to. And that’s a shame.
U have to embrace regular season and not think
Of bowl as a competitive thing. It’s a gift to the program. How they use that gift is their deal

If we find ourselves 7-0 in a month we will have a diff calculus

Barring a monumental collapse, if SU goes bowling in back to back seasons, Babers will get job security.
That’s the putt for me:

Bowls regular basis
Respect program that portal guys flock to
A coach comfortable here for what it is
Manage games

I thought army game was Dino’s best game coached. We were out schemed first half and adjustments were made. Last 20 years we would lose this game. Big boy programs win ugly too

That’s the putt for me:

Bowls regular basis
Respect program that portal guys flock to
A coach comfortable here for what it is
Manage games

I thought army game was Dino’s best game coached. We were out schemed first half and adjustments were made. Last 20 years we would lose this game. Big boy programs win ugly too
Rocky Long being on staff and Dino doing a better job of coaching is not a coincidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom