Dino just squashed any QB controversy... | Syracusefan.com

Dino just squashed any QB controversy...

orangeman410

Walk On
I've heard rumblings that some of the younger players were pulling for TD to get the starting job. The media has also stirred things up with their stories about competition between ED and TD. This could have played out for a while but I have heard Dino say multiple times that there is a lot of value in game experience. I truly feel that TD has a bright future and needs to get game experience, but tonight proves this is ED's team. WHAT A GREAT PERFORMANCE BY DUNGEY. He was already up there but he may solidified himself as my all time favorite Cuse QB. The dude is just a straight up competitor at the highest level. Hats off to him and here's to hoping he can make it a full season. How but that Marshawn Lynch stiff arm and beast mode!

I've heard rumblings that some of the younger players were pulling for TD to get the starting job. The media has also stirred things up with their stories about competition between ED and TD. This could have played out for a while but I have heard Dino say multiple times that there is a lot of value in game experience. I truly feel that TD has a bright future and needs to get game experience, but tonight proves this is ED's team. WHAT A GREAT PERFORMANCE BY DUNGEY. He was already up there but he may solidified himself as my all time favorite Cuse QB. The dude is just a straight up competitor at the highest level. Hats off to him and here's to hoping he can make it a full season. How but that Marshawn Lynch stiff arm and beast mode!
Was this actually a "thing" among some fans of SU. I can't imagine any non-braindead SU fan seriously contemplating that there was a genuine qb controversy. That's just moronic on its face.

Was this actually a "thing" among some fans of SU. I can't imagine any non-braindead SU fan seriously contemplating that there was a genuine qb controversy. That's just moronic on its face.

Honestly don’t think most SU fans even know who DeVito is. This isn’t exactly the kind of fan base that follows recruiting rankings and goes to spring games.

This board ain’t the fanbase...and hardly anyone here took a “controversy” seriously. The average fan who watches the games and goes to a couple here and there...they don’t typically know the guys who haven’t played yet.

Dino made a huge mistake by not naming Eric the starting QB last Christmas. Seriously not naming him before the start of spring practice was a joke.
That's not a mistake, he didn't want Dungey getting lazy. Just about every college coach on the planet has a so-called open competition that's nothing of the sort

That's not a mistake, he didn't want Dungey getting lazy. Just about every college coach on the planet has a so-called open competition that's nothing of the sort

Eric doesn’t strike me as the “get lazy” type.

I would imagine it had more to do with 1)Eric had surgery. 2)Giving DeVito more to work towards. Possible you approach things with a different energy when you think there’s a shot you can start?

I don't know about all that but ED is the leader of this team. Kid plays like there's no tomorrow. While that might give some coaches pause, thays how he plays and you may as well just let it ride.
I don't think it's an issue that he took him out at the end of the 2nd quarter but your QB needs to lead the team out in the 2nd half. Even dinged up. Then switch. The biggest mistake was not bringing him back in after the 1st touchdown at 34-14. A quick score there, bring ing it to 41-14 probably would have been enough to drain WMU. Letting it go until it was 34-28 was borderline insane (alright, maybe a stretch but it was nuts).

DeVito looks to be the better passer. Problem is the OL can’t run block, the OL can’t pass block, and we have no WRs. Which makes it necessary to have a guy like Dungey out there. I would not be surprised if during passing drills (where no OL is in play) that DeVito looks better.

Dino made a huge mistake by not naming Eric the starting QB last Christmas. Seriously not naming him before the start of spring practice was a joke.
“Huge mistake” ?

DeVito looks to be the better passer. Problem is the OL can’t run block, the OL can’t pass block, and we have no WRs. Which makes it necessary to have a guy like Dungey out there. I would not be surprised if during passing drills (where no OL is in play) that DeVito looks better.

He threw a couple good looking balls. Showed some decent wheels and escapability a couple times too. Also looked like a deer in the headlights a couple times.

It was striking to me how small he looked.

If he played when the game was over in an easy win and we compared him to the numerous other freshman that have played here other than Dungey, I think we’d feel ok about him.

Comparing him to a senior that’s been productive for 3 years...cmon.

Get him in when we can when the games are over and hope that’s the only chances he gets: because that means Eric is healthy and we’re winning. Keep working, and win the job next year.

Things are being taken out of context. The younger receivers thought devito threw a nicer ball in practice. None of that matters much in a game, as Dungey put plainly and as we saw here tonight.

Tonight was not Tommy being exposed, let the kid grow and learn where it matters.

If anything, let’s bope DeVito got the deer I tbe headlights out of him, because...who-ha...he had it.

Dungey is clearly the vet we all knew we need to to take us to 7 wins.

And DeVito, clearly needs to work harder and prepare his brain better to make sure that when Dungey goes down, he doesn’t shlit himself so bad.

Things are being taken out of context. The younger receivers thought devito threw a nicer ball in practice. None of that matters much in a game, as Dungey put plainly and as we saw here tonight.

Tonight was not Tommy being exposed, let the kid grow and learn where it matters.

Eh.

Who are they?

Just not a fan of this stuff even being known
or expressed, if it actually is. If you’re not one of the big dogs on the team, then keep it shut. The captains and the stars(which we have 1, so the other returning starters I guess?) can express their opinions particularly when it pertains to the best player and leader of the team. We shouldn’t even be hearing this stuff, it’s it’s legit. These kids are something else these days, lol. You ain’t nobody! Know your role.

I think TD would have been ok if the defense hadnt given away 3 tds in rapid fashion .. 1st half D would have given him more game time

Eh.

Who are they?

Just not a fan of this stuff even being known
or expressed, if it actually is. If you’re not one of the big dogs on the team, then keep it shut. The captains and the stars(which we have 1, so the other returning starters I guess?) can express their opinions particularly when it pertains to the best player and leader of the team. We shouldn’t even be hearing this stuff, it’s it’s legit. These kids are something else these days, lol. You ain’t nobody! Know your role.
Its something Whigham said while on Axe’s show. Take it for what its worth.

I agree with you, personally.

DeVito threw some nice balls. That’s about all I could take away from this.

Uh, he a QB, not a RB, and he can't help the team if he's on the sideline with a dislocated shoulder.

I don't know about all that but ED is the leader of this team. Kid plays like there's no tomorrow. While that might give some coaches pause, thays how he plays and you may as well just let it ride.
I don't think it's an issue that he took him out at the end of the 2nd quarter but your QB needs to lead the team out in the 2nd half. Even dinged up. Then switch. The biggest mistake was not bringing him back in after the 1st touchdown at 34-14. A quick score there, bring ing it to 41-14 probably would have been enough to drain WMU. Letting it go until it was 34-28 was borderline insane (alright, maybe a stretch but it was nuts).
Exactly

Are you becoming a Syracuse fan