Dino loses playcalling duties in Arizona | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dino loses playcalling duties in Arizona

Something happened in the off-season ahead of 2019. His whole demeanor changed noticeably after the 2018 season. I don’t know if the expectations got to him, he regretted not bouncing when his stock was highest, or what. But he was never the same.
Since people are agreeing with this take does anyone care to speculate what could’ve happened?
Are we thinking the pressure related to the extension got to him or something else ?

I watched that game since it was the only one on. Didn’t know Dino wasn’t calling plays but their offense didn’t look good that game either. They kept stalling and settling for FGs. Utah is a good team though. The Arizona defense though was outstanding.
Ditto , I thought Dino was at the helm, Arizona did nothing for a long stretch. Shut Utah down on D. Personally still rooting for Coach Babers.

Since people are agreeing with this take does anyone care to speculate what could’ve happened?
Are we thinking the pressure related to the extension got to him or something else ?
Not sure what happened beyond going from 10-2 to 5-7 then 1-10, but that's when the explanations started sounding like excuses. Too ba because I really hoped he'd continue the success. Someone suggested it before that he never really had Plan B for when other coaches figured out how to stop the "new fast."

Something happened in the off-season ahead of 2019. His whole demeanor changed noticeably after the 2018 season. I don’t know if the expectations got to him, he regretted not bouncing when his stock was highest, or what. But he was never the same.
He wanted the usc job and didn’t get it. I know for a fact he was after that job like you can’t believe and truly believed he was going to get it. After he didn’t, the guy packed it in. People don’t want to hear that but it’s 100 percent factual. And for those that think Dino was such a great guy, he was hardly that. He didn’t show up to anything that he wasn’t forced to go to. He didn’t do anything extra ever. I’m not saying he disliked Syracuse, but he was using it to get a job he really wanted. I’ll leave it at that for now

I’m more of the mind that the Maryland game happened and it absolutely ruined him.

He wanted the usc job and didn’t get it. I know for a fact he was after that job like you can’t believe and truly believed he was going to get it. After he didn’t, the guy packed it in. People don’t want to hear that but it’s 100 percent factual. And for those that think Dino was such a great guy, he was hardly that. He didn’t show up to anything that he wasn’t forced to go to. He didn’t do anything extra ever. I’m not saying he disliked Syracuse, but he was using it to get a job he really wanted. I’ll leave it at that for now

Unfortunately this poster is speaking truths…….

No sense in getting into details with Dino as that era is over, but it wasn’t great and we should be happy we’ve moved on

Unfortunately this poster is speaking truths…….

No sense in getting into details with Dino as that era is over, but it wasn’t great and we should be happy we’ve moved on
From what I recall it was UCLA that was the one the school feared he was going to, and gave the extension to soften the transition blow.

Had The Tommy D era and 2019 gone as expected / hoped, Dino was good as gone in 2020.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom