Dino Might Be Disappointed Friday Night | Syracusefan.com

Dino Might Be Disappointed Friday Night

BVille44

All Conference
Heard that the Louisville game is not selling well at all and has been that way since the tickets went on sale to the general public this summer.

I assume that’s the reason the Athletic Department decided to put the $20 ticket offer out to season ticket holders and donors to boost ticket sales through a grass roots effort via word of mouth, email, Twitter, and Facebook.

I am hoping that with today’s victory over Wake Forest will create a ticket demand for the Louisville game like never seen before but I am concerned the casual fan has moved onto basketball.

If Dino walks out of the tunnel and see’s 20,000 empty seats he might think that Syracuse is a lost cause in terms of fan support. I would have to agree.

Let’s spread the word about the $20 tickets available through Cuse.com/ThankYou18

MyCuse Account

Heard that the Louisville game is not selling well at all and has been that way since the tickets went on sale to the general public this summer.

I assume that’s the reason the Athletic Department decided to put the $20 ticket offer out to season ticket holders and donors to boost ticket sales through a grass roots effort via word of mouth, email, Twitter, and Facebook.

I am hoping that with today’s victory over Wake Forest will create a ticket demand for the Louisville game like never seen before but I am concerned the casual fan has moved onto basketball.

If Dino walks out of the tunnel and see’s 20,000 empty seats he might think that Syracuse is a lost cause in terms of fan support. I would have to agree.

Let’s spread the word about the $20 tickets available through Cuse.com/ThankYou18

MyCuse Account
Complete BS. It won't be a sell out, but there will be plenty of fans in the Dome. And, SU will win.

Complete BS. It won't be a sell out, but there will be plenty of fans in the Dome. And, SU will win.
Agree, there will be 38k at least. The students will show as well, at least for a few quarters. :) Dungeys last game will carry some weight this week. Decent weather and the walk-in will be solid too.

I actually think you have a good point but it's going to take a couple years to change perception and get casual fans back. Right now it's still not the cool thing to do. That will change soon with the dome Reno and continued success. I do think people need to show up. The football team has done their part. There should be a sellout but unfortunately people still aren't paying attention enough. Alot of losing seasons have caused that. I was listening to the post game and Seth Everett said Syracuse is 0-15 in our last 15 Nov games.

MyCuse Account

If this happens his mind might drift towards the future.

I actually think you have a good point but it's going to take a couple years to change perception and get casual fans back. Right now it's still not the cool thing to do. That will change soon with the dome Reno and continued success. I do think people need to show up. The football team has done their part. There should be a sellout but unfortunately people still aren't paying attention enough. Alot of losing seasons have caused that. I was listening to the post game and Seth Everett said Syracuse is 0-15 in our last 15 Nov games.
We've lost or not gained fans for 17 years. We're not going to earn all those people back in 7 games.

I personally

MyCuse Account
I personally brought 12 casual fans to last game, this week I’m shooting for 120!

Actually it is 100% correct and from a very reliable source. Look at the Ticketmaster map and there are a ton of tickets remaining on the 100 and 200 which were sold for NC State. They have not opened all all the 300 level seats yet they need to move a ton of tickets next week to get to 40,000.

Not trying to stir the pot here. Just letting everyone know so we can get the word out about the $20 tickets to help fill the he dome up in the next 6 days.

There is definitely increased talk. I’ve had tons of people bring up Cuse football to me this year(because they know I’m a fan) who have never had more than a passing interest in many years. People are taking notice and talking. The NC State game went a long way IMO. It was a big game and big opportunity that we WON in very entertaining fashion. The team is winning and it’s fun again.

Good chance we go into next season ranked in the preseason polls. I bet season tickets sales jump significantly. If we can keep it rolling and string together a few good seasons into the renovated Dome, I bet we can get close to 1990’s levels.

There is definitely increased talk. I’ve had tons of people bring up Cuse football to me this year(because they know I’m a fan) who have never had more than a passing interest in many years. People are taking notice and talking. The NC State game went a long way IMO. It was a big game and big opportunity that we WON in very entertaining fashion. The team is winning and it’s fun again.

Good chance we go into next season ranked in the preseason polls. I bet season tickets sales jump significantly. If we can keep it rolling and string together a few good seasons into the renovated Dome, I bet we can get close to 1990’s levels.
We have to get the season ticket base up to 20,000 next season.

I heard so many people on the bus leaving the nc st game talking about buying ND tickets.. just shows how out of touch or fan base is.

still tons of people talking about SU around town down here just need to get some of them to go to the games.

Actually it is 100% correct and from a very reliable source. Look at the Ticketmaster map and there are a ton of tickets remaining on the 100 and 200 which were sold for NC State. They have not opened all all the 300 level seats yet they need to move a ton of tickets next week to get to 40,000.

Not trying to stir the pot here. Just letting everyone know so we can get the word out about the $20 tickets to help fill the he dome up in the next 6 days.
You are trying to stir the pot.

Enough ticket threads a week ahead of time.

Just show up and be loud, the rest will work out.

Was he not counting this week's win? :confused:;)

You are trying to stir the pot.

Enough ticket threads a week ahead of time.

Just show up and be loud, the rest will work out.
Hes not, he just has an actual clue as opposed to people like me who start the ticket threads

I blame the trainwreck opponent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom