Dino Might Be Disappointed Friday Night | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Might Be Disappointed Friday Night

I heard so many people on the bus leaving the nc st game talking about buying ND tickets.. just shows how out of touch or fan base is.

still tons of people talking about SU around town down here just need to get some of them to go to the games.

I agree many are out of touch. One person at our tailgate was arguing with me about how greedy SU is by moving the Notre Dame game to Yankee Stadium. I tried with no luck to explain it is a Notre Dame home game with the biggest hint being it is a Shamrock Series game.

I agree many are out of touch. One person at our tailgate was arguing with me about how greedy SU is by moving the Notre Dame game to Yankee Stadium. I tried with no luck to explain it is a Notre Dame home game with the biggest hint being it is a Shamrock Series game.
They were wrong this year but were right about 2014 and 2016 games.
We are just lucky ND moved their home game this year,

There is just no excuse to not go to the game if you’re a local. Just consider it a $20 tax that you’re paying in order to have a legit Football team. Sacrifice a Friday Night to give thanks to the Seniors who are igniting our resurgence and to give Dino glimpses of what can be here.

I know it’s easy for me to say living down south, but the out of town fans make our presence known. Looked like an awesome representation at the Wake game, and honestly, Clemson fans noticed how many of us were at Death Valley. CBB fans already know what’s up with our road game reputation and with a good CFB team, it will begin to happen with the pigskin as well.

So proud of this team. For the first time in my adult life, we’re relevant in CFB and have leadership (Coaches/AD) who “get it”.

more disappointing in that we are 2 games away from being top 10 and still struggle to get people here.

more disappointing in that we are 2 games away from being top 10 and still struggle to get people here.
To play Devils Advocate, we’re not some upstart where fans have never felt this. We used to be really good. Then inexplicably became awful...for like a generation... Those fans we lost won’t come back overnight.

Make Friday Night an event.

Finish the season strong.

Debut Top 25 next year.

Have another strong year in 2019.

That’s the recipe to bring back the casual fan.

They were wrong this year but were right about 2014 and 2016 games.
We are just lucky ND moved their home game this year,

Yeah, but our fans should know this. There are people out there who think we decided to play this game at Yankee Stadium, and they're the worst kind of fans. Because they don't care enough to be informed, and just enjoy being bitter.

Can we do something like we did for the bowl game in Texas? I would donate to send a bunch of kids to the game. I am sure many others on here would also. Just I don't know the local groups, and also will be making my very challenging trip with my broken elbow. Seriously I may have cancelled this trip if not so much good sports going on this week, and so much to be proud of. I have to say just getting ready has given me doubts.

Is there anyone who wants to organize some sort of donation with seats going to Boys and Girls Clubs or little league groups, church youth groups or something? I would hope SU would give out a block of even cheaper seats for this.

Heard that the Louisville game is not selling well at all and has been that way since the tickets went on sale to the general public this summer.

I assume that’s the reason the Athletic Department decided to put the $20 ticket offer out to season ticket holders and donors to boost ticket sales through a grass roots effort via word of mouth, email, Twitter, and Facebook.

I am hoping that with today’s victory over Wake Forest will create a ticket demand for the Louisville game like never seen before but I am concerned the casual fan has moved onto basketball.

If Dino walks out of the tunnel and see’s 20,000 empty seats he might think that Syracuse is a lost cause in terms of fan support. I would have to agree.

Let’s spread the word about the $20 tickets available through Cuse.com/ThankYou18

MyCuse Account

'A lost cause', hardly. I was present at BB&T Stadium yesterday afternoon, along with a group of other Orange faithful. The sheer number of SU fans in that stadium was something to behold, an amazing scene on such a gorgeous day in Winston Salem. And, it certainly did not go unnoticed with Dino...as in the game's waning moments, he turned around and faced the Orange crowd and saluted all of us. Just Beautiful!

To fill the dome you have to win back the casual fan. That takes time.

I know it’s technically a Notre Dame home game. But imagine if our senior night we had Notre Dame in the dome...that would sell out. Pretty confident in that

Can we do something like we did for the bowl game in Texas? I would donate to send a bunch of kids to the game. I am sure many others on here would also. Just I don't know the local groups, and also will be making my very challenging trip with my broken elbow. Seriously I may have cancelled this trip if not so much good sports going on this week, and so much to be proud of. I have to say just getting ready has given me doubts.

Is there anyone who wants to organize some sort of donation with seats going to Boys and Girls Clubs or little league groups, church youth groups or something? I would hope SU would give out a block of even cheaper seats for this.
I'd contribute to that.

the casual fans never left, they just stopped going in person. again they need to be better at working to understand the issue and asking season ticket holders questions isnt going to get it done.

be proactive for once, hold a forum on tv where people can call in. do it on multiple radio stations, work with the paper. actually sit at the mall and talk to people.

how about going to the state fair and asking instead of just sitting in one small corner and hoping people walk by?

if apathy to fball is the answer then the just wasted millions redoing the dome

they worked on the experience, the worked on pricing, they worked on the team, if its parking they can fix that too

Ticketmaster’s looking like maybe 27 sold so far

I will be surprised if nobody goes. What else is there to do on a Friday night in November?

I've been checking, it seems like few tickets left?

You call BS... you have proof?

BVille knows what he is talking about...there is great concern the crowd will be in mid 30s.

Yea but that was before yesterdays game and a week prior. I bet they move a lot of tix now.

You have to understand, Babers' home record was dreadful the first year, and we fell apart at the end of the second year. I think this year sets us up for much better attendance next year.

I will be surprised if nobody goes. What else is there to do on a Friday night in November?

Literally nothing. I expect a 3-6,000 walk up... so we need upper 30s sold by thursday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom