Dino Week 3 USF Press Conference | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Week 3 USF Press Conference

PAcuse said:
He also had 3 over 50 and one over 60. 44.5 avg, looking at the full body of work was a good night for Hof.
I like Sterling, but if you watched the game, he had two awful shanks, his best punt statistically was a line drive to the PR guy that he couldn't get to because it was so short (it ended up well past the PR guy thanks to a couple of lucky bounces). He had at least one other low line drive directly at the PR guy, the ideal punt to set up a long return. He did have a couple of good punts but overall, it was a lousy day for him. He can and will do far better.

Last edited:
I like Sterling, but if you watched the game, he had two awful shanks, his best punt statistically was a line drive to the PR guy that he could' get to because it was so short (it ended up well past the PR guy thanks to a couple of lucky bounces). He had at least one other low line drive directly at the PR guy, the ideal punt to set up a long return.

He did have a couple of good punts but overall, it was a lousy day for him. He can and will do far better.

Kid is a RS Frosh, trying to fit into the biggest shoes a punter could ever have.
He's doing fine.

But yes, he can and will do better.

sutomcat said:
I like Sterling, but if you watched the game, he had two awful shanks, his best punt statistically was a line drive to the PR guy that he could' get to because it was so short (it ended up well past the PR guy thanks to a couple of lucky bounces). He had at least one other low line drive directly at the PR guy, the ideal punt to set up a long return. He did have a couple of good punts but overall, it was a lousy day for him. He can and will do far better.

He's probably got a dead leg. Never assumed he'd punt that much. Not in shape for it.

Or at least come out until change of possession
Current series and the next series.

Imagine this happens before 3rd down. The opposing team doesn't convert and punts. The injured player's team turns the ball over on 1st down, so he'd have to be back in after 3 plays. There would be too much pressure for the injured player to get back out there. Wait another series to allow him to be evaluated and possibly recover.

Just thinking about the players' safety...

Hof is fine, he's the punter, who cares. Yes, we were spoiled with Long and Riley but like I said, punting sucks anyway 45 average is fine...

Or at least come out until change of possession

Personally, I think it should be something along these lines. You get 2 injury timeouts per half, anything beyond that forces you to use one of your three timeouts. That would allow 5 stoppages in play. Anything beyond that, 10 yard penalty for delay if game. If you have more than 5 injuries in a half than there is a very good chance you are faking it.

Personally, I think it should be something along these lines. You get 2 injury timeouts per half, anything beyond that forces you to use one of your three timeouts. That would allow 5 stoppages in play. Anything beyond that, 10 yard penalty for delay if game. If you have more than 5 injuries in a half than there is a very good chance you are faking it.
Hmm
Didn't realize this. So you can fake an injury twice, but on the third time you have to use any available time outs. That sounds reasonable. I can't remember, did any of Louisville's "cramps" cause them to use a time out?

Hmm
Didn't realize this. So you can fake an injury twice, but on the third time you have to use any available time outs. That sounds reasonable. I can't remember, did any of Louisville's "cramps" cause them to use a time out?
That was his proposal, not reality.

What, #14 didn't really pull his hamstring on the right leg multiple times?

New Rule suggestion: After the the third player injury for a team, each subsequent injured player must sit at least 15 minutes of playing time before returning to game. If more than 3 players from the same team are injured in a quarter, the team must take a personal foul, thus giving up a first down or moving themselves backwards.
No. If game is stopped for injury, player is out until possession changes. Its all about safety.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom