Dino's NSD v2 Presser at 12:30 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's NSD v2 Presser at 12:30

Dino: I think 2019 class fits in very well with previous classes. "We feel extremely good about the young men we brought in this class."

Syracuse HC Dino Babers begins his press conference by thanking his staff. In speaking about the four signees today, he mentions the staff has “scholarships” left to use. Babers says the staff is still looking to take the best available players at this point, likely from the transfer market. Did not point to a specific number of spots left.

Dino: There's certain positions we'd love to have, but we can't turn down some kids.

Dino: We've adjusted our offense to a lot of different styles of quarterbacks. We have flexibility to build our offense around our personnel.

Dino: We're getting closer to ideal roster balance. We still have some scholarships left that could skew the numbers one way or another.

Syracuse HC Dino Babers said he has yet to speak with DB Antwan Cordy about his decision to return (or not return) for a sixth year. No timeline for that conversation.

Dino: I wish Chance Amie the best. He was great here. I think he'll do great at his next stop.

Last edited:
still have scholarships left.. let the speculation begin on who won't be returning, outside of Cordy.

I've always thought there are more kids in the portal and it just hasn't become public yet.

I've always thought there are more kids in the portal and it just hasn't become public yet.

Spring practice will help clarify things. There may be some who don't suit up that we expected to be out there and there may be some who decide after practice that they don't have a future here.

Awful questions asked by the reporters today.

Can any of them get a little creative and ask a single question that can lead to a valuable answer?

Seriously, how many times are you going to try and “trick” the HC into telling you the number of scholarships available and specific positions he is trying to fill? NEWS FLASH: HES NOT GOING TO TELL YOU!!

(3) Questions I would’ve asked without doing any research -

1. Jawhar Jordan brings speed and elusiveness to the RB position. Does this team currently have another RB that has these same skills? Or does he bring a caliber of talent that we have not had at this position since you arrived?

2. Chandler Jones arrived here 10 years ago at about 6’5 200 lbs with a ton of raw talent and obviously put it all together to have a great career. Do you see Steven Linton as the same type of player with the same ceiling?

3. You talked about balance between the offense and defense. Now talk about depth. Does this team have the depth to compete with the top half of the ACC on a regular basis? Specifically at the DL and OL positions?

Not that difficult guys.

Awful questions asked by the reporters today.

Can any of them get a little creative and ask a single question that can lead to a valuable answer?

Seriously, how many times are you going to try and “trick” the HC into telling you the number of scholarships available and specific positions he is trying to fill? NEWS FLASH: HES NOT GOING TO TELL YOU!!

(3) Questions I would’ve asked without doing any research -

1. Jawhar Jordan brings speed and elusiveness to the RB position. Does this team currently have another RB that has these same skills? Or does he bring a caliber of talent that we have not had at this position since you arrived?

2. Chandler Jones arrived here 10 years ago at about 6’5 200 lbs with a ton of raw talent and obviously put it all together to have a great career. Do you see Steven Linton as the same type of player with the same ceiling?

3. You talked about balance between the offense and defense. Now talk about depth. Does this team have the depth to compete with the top half of the ACC on a regular basis? Specifically at the DL and OL positions?

Not that difficult guys.
You do know that Dino does not talk about individual players very much don't you? I am sure you must have heard him say as much, just like I have. Especially when you ask him about players that haven't even set foot on campus yet.

I am not seeing much value in your questions either, JMO. Other than #3, I don't think he answers them either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom