Dino's Presser after Notre Dame | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Presser after Notre Dame

Honest question: did the upperclassmen REALLY play well? I'm not an expert, but the offensive line play looked questionable at best, atrocious at worst to this admittedly novice eye.

The offensive line didn't give time for Tommy to work back there. There were instances of Notre Dame blowing by untouched. Being that he doesn't have Dungey's feet, he was a sitting duck back there. Have to be better next week.

The offensive line didn't give time for Tommy to work back there. There were instances of Notre Dame blowing by untouched. Being that he doesn't have Dungey's feet, he was a sitting duck back there. Have to be better next week.
It was that for sure...but there were times he just needed to release to the outlet and didn’t...and lots of times the play calling neees to adjust to the pressure/how he was handling. It was late in the fourth before we ran a designed screen

His comments at times don't make sense because he often tries to shield the criticism from his guys. The last few seconds of his presser shows him doing this for DeVito. He handled that so well by shutting things down before anything negative was said about DeVito.

One thing I disagree with was him praising the upper classman on the offensive line as playing well. I think once Dino watches the tape he will see they didn't play well. Our tackles got beat over and over again.
His seniors have two games left. Not much more he can do to grow those guys at this point.

He’s got years left with the underclassmen. This is a learning experience for those guys so he’s being a little more critical so they can develop from it.

Smart management.

Last edited:
His comments at times don't make sense because he often tries to shield the criticism from his guys. The last few seconds of his presser shows him doing this for DeVito. He handled that so well by shutting things down before anything negative was said about DeVito.
Praise publicly, criticize privately.

I couldn’t tell if custis was even in the game. Conway was a turnstile.
In custis’ defense, I don’t think Devito looked his way the whole game. For his first look He looked at the right side which was mainly Harris. Now Devito didn’t really have a lot of time to look for a second option but it would have been nice if the first read was occasionally to the left. Maybe some passes to Custis with his size would have worked. Nothing much else was.

the first read is where ever the play says it is.. the qb doesnt really choose which way to look first.

One thing I disagree with was him praising the upper classman on the offensive line as playing well. I think once Dino watches the tape he will see they didn't play well. Our tackles got beat over and over again.
O my god did they ever. Conway was literally the worst tackle I have seen in pass pro in a long time. Bad game maybe but he got murdered. Wasnt kicking back fast enough nor was he throwing punch to even slow anyone down a bit. Our pass pro has been good all year but they abused us up front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom