Dino's Presser after Pitt | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Presser after Pitt

As you know, changing any other position player on the offense without addressing the QB deficiency is ridiculous.

Its like arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic while the ship sinks.
320.jpg

I’m surprised he is still here after last year. Remember what the Nebraska fans said about him when Dino hired him?
If you cant put together an offensive line at Nebraska its going to be hard to do it at SU.
George was the best. His lines were extremely well coached. QB coach, Special teams, and Oline really require excellent coaching. If im Dino im hiring the best possible coaches for those positions.

As I always say, the offensive line is the engine of your entire team. If you have a faulty one, it will affect everything (both sides of the ball) that you are trying to do. We need a guru offensive line coach. It's painfully obvious

As I always say, the offensive line is the engine of your entire team. If you have a faulty one, it will affect everything (both sides of the ball) that you are trying to do. We need a guru offensive line coach. It's painfully obvious
We need Marrone's offensive line coach, can't remember his name but he was awesome. Our OL was extremely good with Pugh and the rest of the crew.

I think our OL was even better under Shafer.

We need Marrone's offensive line coach, can't remember his name but he was awesome. Our OL was extremely good with Pugh and the rest of the crew.

Greg Adkins - now at Marshall

Greg Adkins - now at Marshall
Yep, he was a good coach. Old school tough is what we need. Nobody seems to have a mean streak on the OL, no attitude whatsoever. I thought Bergeron would be that guy this year.

We need some guards that will straight pancake dudes even after the whistle like Michael Hay.

Physicality is definitely a cornerstone of any successful offensive line. Some of that mentality needs to be instilled and drilled in practice sessions

Physicality is definitely a cornerstone of any successful offensive line. Some of that mentality needs to be instilled and drilled in practice sessions
We need every team we play to know that we will out Physical them on the line on both sides of the ball and be in a dogfight, that is how football is played. That is the attitude we need on the OL, if the offense has no identity, let it be physicality.

I want pancakes, drive blocks into the ground, all that stuff.

or you need Marrone evaluating OL talent. Look at all of the hits he had a lowly regarded recruits and now they developed in comparison to what Babers has brought in. This should be his biggest criticism.

If you cant put together an offensive line at Nebraska its going to be hard to do it at SU.
George was the best. His lines were extremely well coached. QB coach, Special teams, and Oline really require excellent coaching. If im Dino im hiring the best possible coaches for those positions.

I think none of us here no bull on how he did at Nebraska. Nebraska fans are far tougher than we are. And he’s been here for 2 1/2 years.

Breaking news people: assistant coaches who recruit better perform better. And he seems to have some good ones coming in next year. If we think Nick Monroe is the best secondary coach in the country because of Cisco and Trill’s “development” at SU, I will laugh hysterically.

When you don’t have a real QB coach until this year (Sterling) and your main QB recruit doesn’t live up to expectations, it’s amazing how bad the OL is.

It works both ways.

If a walk on in his first year under Babers can put up 61 at Pitt, a good QB should be able to put up more than 33 yard over 3+ quarters.

So I’m fine with Cavanaugh on this staff for now.

or you need Marrone evaluating OL talent. Look at all of the hits he had a lowly regarded recruits and now they developed in comparison to what Babers has brought in. This should be his biggest criticism.
Agree wholeheartedly.

yeah, I’ve been rough on Marrone today - but this was legit a strength we don’t have currently and miss

I know we have issues all over the offense but if we don’t make a QB change we are doomed for sure. If Dillon or Morgan can handle the playbook(which seemingly consists of about 4 plays right now) let one of them play. No redshirt to burn and might as well get experience in a year with no bowl game to play for even if we were good

I remember Marrone saying at a luncheon that he recruited OL who were also wrestlers in high school. He could ID talent on the OL.

I remember Marrone saying at a luncheon that he recruited OL who were also wrestlers in high school. He could ID talent on the OL.

I miss those weekly luncheons.

We even had cake once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom