Dino's Presser after Pitt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Presser after Pitt

Dino hitched his wagon to Tommy. Now he has to ride it down the canyon. Long way down. If you're going with a pure passer QB you had better recruit an OL that can pass block. This one can't. The level of talent on this offense is bottom of ACC quality.

yep that would help
As you know, changing any other position player on the offense without addressing the QB deficiency is ridiculous.

Its like arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic while the ship sinks.

After reading about Rex and Tommy's packages, I'm taking the rest of the day off. :rolleyes:

View attachment 188285
View attachment 188286
I really hate the comment that we may or may not be able to see what is really going on out there. Now, obviously, football coaches know more about the X's and O's than us. But we can see bad play just as well as the next guy. We can see WR's not get open. We can see QB's not come close to hitting them anyway. We can see O-lines that make jail breaks look slow from the other d-lines. We see it Dino. We don't like what we see. I am more than willing to be patient. I have given patience a bad name in my life. But quitting I can't abide. And you did that today. There is never an excuse for that.

Dino hitched his wagon to Tommy. Now he has to ride it down the canyon. Long way down. If you're going with a pure passer QB you had better recruit an OL that can pass block. This one can't. The level of talent on this offense is bottom of ACC quality.
He is going to figure out SYR needs a dual threat QB who can run like Dungey did. He'll never be able to recruit an Oline to protect a pure pocket passer QB. The D will have to account for a running QB. I think Lamson is in this mold.

He is going to figure out SYR needs a dual threat QB who can run like Dungey did. He'll never be able to recruit an Oline to protect a pure pocket passer QB. The D will have to account for a running QB. I think Lamson is in this mold.

I think that's true which is why he went after a playmaker at QB like Lamson after getting a first hand look at what a player like Dungey can do on the fly.

are tight ends being asked to block more?
If not, they should be. This offensive line just flat out failed to protect on many plays today. Just failed

The offense today was Greg Robinson level. And I never thought I would make that statement. It was flat out Greg Robinson esque. This is not an exaggeration in the least.

The offense looked absolutely hopeless. Just hopeless. If the offensive line wasn't collapsing under pressure, then they were whiffing on blocking assignments (hello Servais!!!). I can't believe I was watching this. Servais. Of all people!

If the offensive line wasn't going to be a detriment, it would be Tommy quickly tucking the ball away to roll over like a duck in the backfield...or holding onto the football while he was STARING AT A WIDE OPEN RECEIVER and then getting clobbered.

If it wasn't one of those things, it was Culpepper, who God love him for all his fearlessness to throw the football (and his battle with cancer) just cannot hit the broad side of the ocean on most throws. Who is supposed to be getting him reps in practice anyway????!!!!

I am floored. Angry. Frustrated beyond belief. This was a bunch of garbage today. Absolute garbage. Was Dino supposed to be an offensive coach?? Was Sterlin was supposed to be an offensive coach? Who's coaching?? What is going on??

After reading about Rex and Tommy's packages, I'm taking the rest of the day off. :rolleyes:

View attachment 188285
View attachment 188286

"I think we need to take a long, hard look at what we do in the red zone"

Things that would have been better said last year.

He doesn't know what to say. Nothing he can do with that OL and a QB that's scared to release the ball.

The shame in all of it is that we know we don't recruit the best OL traditionally. But we did land one. He's in his 3rd year, and is nowhere to be found on the depth chart.

These freaking questions are painful. Cmon man!

As someone who is new to the coaching room and doesn’t have attachment to any players he recruited, I’d love to hear Sterlin’s no bs objective assessment on our O roster, qb in particular.

If someone edited the game today to only show every single offensive snap, it would be absolutely sickening stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom