Dino's Presser after Wake | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Presser after Wake

I think Mikel Jones is way too small but he’s a ballhawk for sure. Wallace closed out the game after Lakiem got hurt and I thought played well enough. Canton Arku also got some run late in place of Trill on the outside. I felt a lot more comfortable about next year after seeing Wallace.

Still hope we grab a juco or grad transfer though.

(And Kpodga has excellent size and really hits in specials.)
Yeah Jones is gonna be really good but not in the middle. I like his speed as is. Kpodga is definitely going to see time Next year at lb. DC is going to be interesting to watch.

he’s short and has a smallish frame which makes me think he’s not going to get a lot bigger.

he would make a good safety. He is too tiny for LB. He got trucked a few times but showed some good instincts and skills.

So, it wasn't an injury timeout after all...

Wouldn't common sense dictate that you run the clock down to :01 on the play clock, and then call TO?
Did you read my response to you in the game thread? Maybe I'm wrong, but it makes sense to me. If the clock stops due to an injury, it's Clawson's choice to either have us charged with a timeout, or take a 10-second runoff (which he clearly did not want).

Did you read my response to you in the game thread? Maybe I'm wrong, but it makes sense to me. If the clock stops due to an injury, it's Clawson's choice to either have us charged with a timeout, or take a 10-second runoff (which he clearly did not want).

I did, but if it was a charged injury TO, wouldn't Neal be forced to miss the next play from scrimmage?

Last edited:
OK then it was a dumb TO because Babers is terrible at managing the clock

I already replied to that comment. He had a reason, a good one.

I did, but if it was a charged injury TO, wouldn't Neal be forced to have missed the next play from scrimmage?
That one, I can't answer. Maybe because SU was charged a timeout (regardless of the reason), he was allowed in.
1575156672521.gif

If your reason is, in fact, accurate, then why call the TO so quickly, before the play clock is near :00? You have the ball and the lead - I would think that each second that comes off the game clock works in your favor.

that’s a fair question. Do you remember how much time was left in the game?

it was a good timeout. Mo got up woozy. He didn’t want to take him out so called timeout to let him clear his head.

inthink it was that and make sure the play all kept the ball in the best place for Andre. Nothing that results in losing yards or the wrong part of the field

According to the box score OX posted, we called TO with :53 left.

ahh. Couldn’t remember the time left. Now it makes sense. Under 1 minute there are special rules. If we don’t take that timeout and the player is injured, the ref calls timeout, charges it to us and makes the player leave for one play. By us calling the timeout before the ref declared the player injured, it cost us the same 1 timeout but we didn’t lose the player for the next play.

I think Martin isn't coming back at QB coach. Babers made it clear in the pre-game with Matt Park that QB development is the number one priority for next year. And he didn't say it in a formulaic way. He shot right out with it.

I think Martin isn't coming back at QB coach. Babers made it clear in the pre-game with Matt Park that QB development is the number one priority for next year. And he didn't say it in a formulaic way. He shot right out with it.
Martin
Possibly Cavanaugh, though the OL turnaround after the changes made were very noticeable
Stanard going back to his prior duties

I wouldn't mind seeing someone new coaching the safeties next year - they were brutal most of the season. And spare me the talk of him being a master recruiter...the all day/every day site has him rated as #34 in the ACC. Yuk

I wouldn't mind seeing someone new coaching the safeties next year - they were brutal most of the season. And spare me the talk of him being a master recruiter...the all day/every day site has him rated as #34 in the ACC. Yuk
Which is the best recruiter we have had since P's staffs

Which is the best recruiter we have had since P's staffs
So that's a reason to keep him? Go find a guy who can recruit and actually coach...would be an improvement on both fronts.

So that's a reason to keep him? Go find a guy who can recruit and actually coach...would be an improvement on both fronts.
Easier said than done

You want recruiters at the skill positions, and the DC to be a good coach and help mash coaching deficiency with a good recruiter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom