Dino's Presser after Wake | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Presser after Wake

We don’t though
Meli/Trill are each talented on the outside, hopefully trill wont need to play the Nick.

Richards, Wallace, Jones all return with experience at linebacker. Lee and Geoff were big recruits as well.

the cupboards far from bare and there’s talent.

There are people on this board that are x and o folks and may have some critiques. This is the coach that is very focused on cultivating young men and getting the best out of them. We are lucky to have him. I do think he is adaptable and open to making moves. He flat out said he is emotional and it's obvious he does not want to make a move until he has thought on it.

things I do think need to be looked at are assistant coaching and recruiting in general. I think we are recruiting ok but we need another recruiter like swag daddy.

We have our coach. Support from us is what is needed during these back and forth years. We are on our way back in my opinion.

I already replied to that comment. He had a reason, a good one.

That "good reason" appears to be your opinion. Mo did get up slow on that play beforehand, but he was getting up on his own, so it doesn't seem it was Dino's reason. Unless, I missed Dino say something to that effect for his reasoning. The only thing I did actually here him state as the reason he took that TO when asked in the post game presser was: "it was 3rd and 8, and if we get the first down there, we can run the clock all the way down and then kick the game winning FG with no time left on the clock for Wake to have any last chance" or along those lines.

Edit: (See Dino's exact remarks on point in presser from the 6:40 - 7:42 mark)

Last edited:
considering we shot ourselves in the foot at 2nd and goal early and 2nd down late in the 4th with penalties calling a TO to make sure we dont do it gain was huge.

but i think Wake was going to take one so wait a beat. Now if you though Neal was going to have to come out then I dont totally disagree with the call but i dont know if anyone knew that that fast but i did think the refs were looking at him.

That "good reason" appears to be your opinion. Mo did get up slow on that play beforehand, but he was getting up on his own, so it doesn't seem it was Dino's reason. Unless, I missed Dino say something to that effect for his reasoning. The only thing I did actually here him state as the reason he took that TO when asked in the post game presser was: "it was 3rd and 8, and if we get the first down there, we can run the clock all the way down and then kick the game winning FG with no time left on the clock for Wake to have any last chance" or along those lines.

If mo appeared hurt at all the refs could have charged us with a timeout and made him come out of the game.

If mo appeared hurt at all the refs could have charged us with a timeout and made him come out of the game.

That may be true, but the fact is, it's not at all what Dino stated in the presser as to why he took the time out when he did. Again, see his exact remarks at the 6:40 - 7:42 mark in his post game presser.

I think Martin isn't coming back at QB coach. Babers made it clear in the pre-game with Matt Park that QB development is the number one priority for next year. And he didn't say it in a formulaic way. He shot right out with it.

Dino said QB depth was #1 priority in offseason I thought? It was unmistakable that the QB position was in his line of sight.

I know we won and I’m not complaining (ok I am a little...) but this years team was way too sloppy. Coaches, players and the culture was just not right. that said we now have a 1 game winning streak in tack. On to 2020.

thanks seniors.

Wonder who he was talking about when it came to dealing with certain individuals and then it was focused back on the team element. I have an idea but there had to be some stuff with a few certain players throughout the year
...not sue but I;m pretty confident that the reference to "outstanding fathers" behavior at practice was a message that a former poster should take to heart

That may be true, but the fact is, it's not at all what Dino stated in the presser as to why he took the time out when he did. Again, see his exact remarks at the 6:40 - 7:42 mark in his post game presser.

yea I listened to it. I think Dino is confused because he’s not describing the situation nor the play correctly. he rambled about running the clock down then talked about calling some double hitch or something and that there may have been a guy open or maybe not but by Welch throwing the ball away it gave us a shot at a FG. Huh? After the timeout we ran Mo up the middle.

yea I listened to it. I think Dino is confused because he’s not describing the situation nor the play correctly. he rambled about running the clock down then talked about calling some double hitch or something and that there may have been a guy open or maybe not but by Welch throwing the ball away it gave us a shot at a FG. Huh? After the timeout we ran Mo up the middle.

Edit: the play he described was in OT before the FG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom