Dinosaur BBQ to close permanently... | Syracusefan.com

Dinosaur BBQ to close permanently...

This is a few blocks away from where I live. It's not nearly as good as the Syracuse establishment. Still a Dino BBQ and a nice place, but this is nowhere near the original.

CT rents are just too damn high for a lot of these businesses.

Most overrated restaurant of all time. Limp Lizard is far better.
The Dino is “eh” that exists in a BBQ-starved part of the country. It would be average (maybe slightly under average) down south.

The flip is that I’ve seen a disturbing number of people down there call Papa John’s “good pizza” and the Olive Garden “good Italian.” So, there is a yin and yang no matter where you are, and I’ll definitely take the Italian <-> BBQ trade.

*I’m not knocking bottomless salad/soup and breadsticks. I’m just not willing to pretend that the Olive Garden is fine Italian dining. I offer no defense for my characterization of Papa John’s being not good pizza. It’s a mixture of barf lava and trash garbage (which is a trashier form of garbage).

This is a few blocks away from where I live. It's not nearly as good as the Syracuse establishment. Still a Dino BBQ and a nice place, but this is nowhere near the original.

CT rents are just too damn high for a lot of these businesses.

The Syracuse location isn’t nearly as good anymore either. Their quality has taken a hit with their expansion.

two3zone has it right. Limp Lizard is the better barbecue joint in the Syracuse area.

Last edited:
If you think about it, eventually everything closes permanently.

Lighten up David Downer. That’s way too dark for a Thursday morning? No soup for you!

That’s OK. Eventually all soup gets cold.

I agree that Limp Lizard is better. I also think that Ray Brothers’ BBQ in Madison is better than both & is the best BBQ spot in NYS.

Food Network says Ray Brothers BBQ has the best ribs in the state.

Ray Brothers BBQ (New York)

A wait of at least 45 minutes is the norm at Ray Brothers BBQ, but no fret, the bar is a great place to kill time with friends. Opened, as the name might imply, by brothers Tucker and Colin Ray, the restaurant serves an array of meat slow-cooked over local wood for periods of 5 to 14 hours at a time, giving it a delicious, smoky flavor. Order the quarter rack or RBQ'd Ribs, pick two sides and choose the perfect sauce (Bomb sauce and Carolina gold come highly recommended).

1568843597766.jpeg

I haven't tried them. I will be stopping by sometime this summer. Though I have to say, $29 for a full rack seems very high for a place so far in the boondocks.

Bobs BBQ in Homer has pretty tasty chow.

Food Network says Ray Brothers BBQ has the best ribs in the state.

Ray Brothers BBQ (New York)

A wait of at least 45 minutes is the norm at Ray Brothers BBQ, but no fret, the bar is a great place to kill time with friends. Opened, as the name might imply, by brothers Tucker and Colin Ray, the restaurant serves an array of meat slow-cooked over local wood for periods of 5 to 14 hours at a time, giving it a delicious, smoky flavor. Order the quarter rack or RBQ'd Ribs, pick two sides and choose the perfect sauce (Bomb sauce and Carolina gold come highly recommended).

1568843597766.jpeg

I haven't tried them. I will be stopping by sometime this summer. Though I have to say, $29 for a full rack seems very high for a place so far in the boondocks.

How many sides does it come with? In any case, $29 is a lot for ribs.

Smoke Signals in Lake Placid. I travel to NC and TX a lot to recruit. Smoke Signals beats any bbq I’ve had in any of those places

Love that place. Great food, always great service, great setting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom