Dion being dealt | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Dion being dealt

Dearth of stars in the East compared to the West, so you win with balance over highlight talent. At least in the regular season.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how some of these teams fare in the postseason, but it seems that the NBA is finally starting to trend back towards being more about ball movement and smart basketball rather than just giving it to your star and letting him go.

They need two very good players to go with Melo. One is not enough. Than add a solid draft choice.
Who those choices will be is a big question mark but that's what they hired Phil.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how some of these teams fare in the postseason, but it seems that the NBA is finally starting to trend back towards being more about ball movement and smart basketball rather than just giving it to your star and letting him go.
The downside of Michael Jordan's legacy.

realorange said:
They need two very good players to go with Melo. One is not enough. Than add a solid draft choice. Who those choices will be is a big question mark but that's what they hired Phil.
Agreed. For sure need a lead guard and big and a decent wing. I fear they will dump it all into the love basket. Rather see a Jackson, Matthews, Aldridge okafor combo

I'm tired of seeing all this talk condemning Dion's offense as being selfish and inefficient. Does he isolate too much? Yes, but he is an amazing scorer out of pick and roll and you can be sure OKC will heavily utilize him in this fashion, just like they do with Westbrook.

Why? Everybody is just telling it how it is. Certainly, IF, one chooses to remove orange goggles (not easy here) one can see that he has the worst +/- on the team, his court demeanor/pouting leaves much to be desired, and his defense is not up to par. Yes, he is a beast in pick in roll but that is all he really does well. Look, I have always been a fan of his and have pretty much seen every game living here in the Cleveland area. OKC could be a fantastic spot and role for him. We'll see how he responds.

Now, this I like, a big man. And he's tight with Blatt, who coached him on the Russian national team.

its good for CLE. they get the rim defender they need.

its also another case study about how poorly the Knicks treat assets (although this one is pure 20/20 hindsight). The Knicks were strong armed into making him a throw in while Den turned what is hardly a dominant player into two 1sts