Dion (not) finishing at the basket | Syracusefan.com

Dion (not) finishing at the basket

pearl31

in cahoots
Seems that in each of the past 3 games he has had at least a couple of nice drives to the hole that he just hasn't finished. Just plain missed.
Seems a little puzzling to me. Confidence? Tired legs?

Confidence. He hit a deep 3 last nite and had an "and 1" on a drive, hopefully thats a sign of things to come. I think hes the biggest factor for this team going forward, at least offensively. We're a completely different offensive team when dion is playing well.

aha, in reading the other thread I've learned that it's because Dion is now fat that he isn't finishing drives. the education one can receive around here is phenomenal! :D

Dion has always had problems finishing. I'm not sure that is something you can coach, you either have it or you don't. He has been much better finishing around the basket this year than he was last year, but there will be down times finishing for him throughout his career.

yeah, maybe he was just finishing extraordinarily well (with some luck here and there?) earlier in the season...

BT had a couple against USF too. Good drives. Normally those go in for him. Ball just wasn't falling.

BT had a couple against USF too. Good drives. Normally those go in for him. Ball just wasn't falling.
BT almost never finishes in traffic...it's a weak part of his game. He seemed to finish better as a freshman, for whatever reason.

BT almost never finishes in traffic...it's a weak part of his game. He seemed to finish better as a freshman, for whatever reason.
yup, like that game at WVU - still might be his best game to date as an Orangeman

He's his best offensively when he's also looking for others when he drives. It prevents the defense from completely collapsing on him. When he doesn't and forces it, things don't go so well. He will get it turned around though.

They noted last night that he was the only one not wearing the fancy new neon-orange ones - wonder why...
he tweeted something about not wanting to change that up, I responded saying, in nicer words, you should change them because you have sucked lately

he tweeted something about not wanting to change that up, I responded saying, in nicer words, you should change them because you have sucked lately

And in the next tweet you called him a lard ass? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom