Dion | Syracusefan.com

Dion

dasher

Hoops Inside Info Guru
his stats for they year...318 from 3 and .69% from the free throw line. That isn't NBA my friends.
BT by the way, .357 from 3 and .84% from the free throw line. Just saying

A careful look at what I wrote what show that I didn't say anything like that. But it is hard to see Dion as a NBA guard with stats like that.

Russell Westbrook had a mediocre sophomore year at UCLA before leaving. Averaged 12 a game, shot 33% from 3. Nothing out of this world. Did it work out for him?

BREAKING NEWS:
SU just beat the defending NC on their floor, winning the BEast outright, with a "team-first" coalition of gritty, gutty, talented players.
Now back to your regularly scheduled bashing!
Film at 11.

A careful look at what I wrote what show that I didn't say anything like that. But it is hard to see Dion as a NBA guard with stats like that.
And if you dig deeper and look at Dion's numbers in high leverage situations (v. top teams, conference games, etc.) it looks even worse. That's to be expected for most players, but the disparity from his overall numbers is what's alarming.

But he makes a lot of "NBA-looking" plays (and almost makes a lot others), so he gets a pass.

his stats for they year...318 from 3 and .69% from the free throw line. That isn't NBA my friends.
Dion will be a far better NBA player than college player.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Well, we'll all find out next year when he is in the NBA.
I kept thinking "I hope the rumours about him stopping classes is not true" when seeing Dion amd MCW cutting thru UConn like a knife thru butter. That could be a NC2013 Backcourt.

The fundamental question is whether the NBA can teach him solid shooting form.
His athleticism and ability to get to the rack and finish strong can't be taught.
It can't be overstated how important his conditioning regimen over the summer was. He is just fierce out there. Overpowers the other guards.

I kept thinking "I hope the rumours about him stopping classes is not true" when seeing Dion amd MCW cutting thru UConn like a knife thru butter. That could be a NC2013 Backcourt.
I've heard those same rumors, but others have told me that they have access to such good tutors that they really don't need to attend class.

Last night was the first time I really noticed Dion's banadaged wrist. Then when he took that hard hit on that dunk, you could see he was hurt. I am guessing that this wrist issue has been with him for a while now. I would bet that his shooting is definitely affected by it. Hopefully he heals before the tourney and we see a better shooting Dion.

The players who develop in the NBA and who stick around long enough to be special have tremendous work ethics. The sooner someone develops those habits the better. And even though it's overlooked, the good players in the NBA, with some exceptions, play solid defense, so that's a good habit to form as well. That goes for good teams too. The Miami Heat right now are ferocious on D. That's why they went after Battier in the off-season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom